Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is my Vaquero "cold"?

I suppose I could give that a try, I just didn't think that it was the proper course of action.
I'll fire him an e-mail and see what he has to say.

Well, the main problem with that is that I'd have to invest another $150 or so for another coil to test it with, which I don't have at the moment.
But thanks for the idea. I'll keep it under consideration. :)

I agree....from the post I have seen from Chuck I am sure he would be glad to give you his evaluation and make it right one way or the other.
Good Luck

Right then and there. I don't spend my money on stuff that don't work. I am 62 and spent 20 years in the Navy a lot of it in Quality and worked in the Aircraft Industry as a Senior Quality inspector for 20 years. I don't put up with stuff that is not done right or stuff that don't work right or don't do what the Manufacture say it will do. Life is just to short. There ain't nothing free in this world and you work hard for your money and there ain't any reason why you should have anything less. I am just one of those guys that insist on Quality. I don't mind spending my money but, I get my moneys worth, you can bet on that. Later and I hope it all works out for you. Jerry aka Tinfoil.

The battery I used originally is the Panasonic that comes with the unit. It was still in it's wrapper in the box (the person borrowing it supplied their own battery).

I'm pretty much the only person I know around here that metal detects (aside from my wife), so trying to find a person nearby with a compatible coil would be a strain. :)

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Well, I e-mailed Chuck and he got back to me this morning.
He says that he'll talk to Tesoro tomorrow and see what they can to do 'hot rod' it for me, so I'll be waiting on that to see what to do next.

Like others have said, Chuck is a great businessman.

I think the Vaquero is just a little bit out of adjustment, hopefully something that can be easily tweaked.

Also I knew Chuck would try and help you. You just had to get a hold of him and tell him your problem. You got dealers out there that just sell detectors then you got the ones that will go the extra mile to try and do the right thing for you when you have a problem. I see Chuck seems like a dealer that will try and help you. Not all are that way. Let us know how things turn out. Tesoro has a fast turn around time. Later Jerry aka Tinfoil.

If it turns out to be a bad coil he can simply give you a new coil and save you the trouble of sending in the entire unit. You really should call your dealer.

Well, I talked to Chuck via e-mail, and we decided the best course of action would to be to send it to Tesoro to have them 'tweak' it a bit. I could ship it back to Chuck in Colorado, but then he'd have to test it with a different coil, and if that wasn't the problem, he'd then have to send it in to Tesoro himself and that would add to the amount of time it would take til I get it back.

Chuck is a great guy to deal with, and the next time I purchase a detector (or accessories) I'm sure I'll look to Treasure Hut first... hopefully the Vaquero will tide me over for quite a while, because my wife will have a fit if it won't. :D

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

:nono:Hello Flint.....did you not get my email about James Gifford asking for you to send it back so that he could check it out????? You have not replied to me.

Also, you got it partially wrong in this post.....that detector was used, and it wasn't sold to you with factory warranty! There was no warranty card with it, because it was used! I or any other dealer couldn't sell you a used detector with warranty card. Why would you post that? :nono:

You make me sound like a bad guy here, and you aren't being honest about how it was sold to you! It was a used machine at a substantial discount,(albeit lightly used), and it had no warranty!:argue:

Even as used, I have arranged for James to look it over personally and do what ever he could to tweak it if it truly was out of spec., and he has gratiously agreed to do so. All you had to do was pay the freight to Tesoro. That is going above and beyond on Tesoro's part and on Treasure Hut's part.:shrug:

Shame on you flint!:nono:

Hello tinfoil and all others who have been reading this thread. Please read the post above titled "SHAME ON YOU FLINT". I have been down with pneumonia the past two weeks or so, and just read these post today. I am apalled that flint would make the statements he did. I do take care of my customers as is attested to in the feedback forum, and I have been trying my best to do so with flint.

As I stated above the Vaquero in question was a used machine and sold accordingly both price wise and without warranty. It was very lightly used, one weekend! The previous owner traded it in on a Tejon, not because it wasn't working, but because he had heard and read so much about the extra depth on the Tejon for relics.

I personally tested the Vaquero before I shipped it, as I do all the machines I sell, and I was getting much better results than flint posted. It seems to me that "what we have here is operator error".:shrug:

Even at that, I am perfectly willing to take his machine back in trade for the value he purchased it on another machine, and I told him that. I also arranged to have Tesoro look at it "out of warranty", and tweak anything they find wrong. As of today, to my knowledge, he hadn't sent it back or got back to me.:rage:

Since I have been on the forum, flint is my first dissatisfied customer, but he is posting erroneous posts. Now I am "miffed".:rant:

I never bother with an air test because detectors in general go deeper in soil than in air. You need to get out in the field with it and see what it does. Take your other detector and compare hits. Check the one's that you think might be deeper hits with the other detector and see if it also "see's" it.

That is what I would do... then if I was still not sure i'd send it in for a check up. Also you could maybe check it alongside another Tesoro in the field.

HH,

J

Here on the Forum. Looks like he tried to chump us. You know the old saying what goes around comes around. The TRUTH will bite you in the A$$ if you don't tell it. Looks like he got bit good and as the young people say put a big L on this guys forehead. What gets me is all of us tried to help him do the right thing. I don't think I would be Miffed as you say. More like :biteme: :thebird: :rant: . So I did it for you OK. He chumped me to with all that whining but in the end the Truth comes out as it always does. You see what I told him to do and why to do it. Also what I said about you. I know you to be a good Dealer that is why I could not fugue it out. Now we know so I say thank you from me to you for your POST. I for one appreciate the truth. :D :D :D HH Jerry aka Tinfoil..

Hey jerry... I did see, and appreciate the kind words you had to say, more than you know. Some people would have used the opportunity to trash me. I only wish I had been up to being on sooner, as I could have nipped it in the bud! We also appreciate the help you offered him and the advice. We all deserve the benefit of the doubt, and you certainly afforded him and I that!!! :cheers:

Not sure why he didn't tell the whole truth? What "miffed" me was his claim to a warranty card with the used detector. That claim could and would create problems for me as a Tesoro dealer, with the factory. It's a no-no, and I won't do it.

Anyhow....I still aprreciate his business, but I would appreciate an answer as to why he posted the misleading posts?

Thanks again for your fairness guys!:super:

well all i can say is ive been buying from chuck for a while. he tried to make it rite for you. but things are changing. you bought a used dedector no warrenty tesoro said it was in specks. super tune it.
i just got a vaquero from chuck. a demo new but a demo and had to be sold as used. for the price no warrenty.ya can spend a extra 40-50 bucks and get a lifetime warrenty. all my dedectors ive bought from chuck had warrenties i paid extra for the minelab warrenty. but he will take care of you. i'm not worried about the vaquero. the ground is real tuff out here. my yard i can get 5-6 on a dime but a mile away better ground and ground ballancing it rite i get 7-9. go figure. the ground and ballancing it has a whole lot to do with it. our fisher is deeper than the minelab in the yard but wont touch it in the fields.
bigjohn

Would not even have to think about buying form you. You are a good person. I have been buying from Ron since he has been in business. He bend over backwards to help guys and always gives me a good deal. Matter of fact I buy so much from him I always tell him I am going to take him as a Dependent on my Taxes. :rofl: :bouncy: . I have been buying from him for 10 years. He has even made me headphones for me since I am so hard of hearing. I think me and Rick (N.D.) have about the same deftness. Myself and Chuck of Cape Coral Fl. asked him to make us Special Straight Shafts for our Excals, he made them and even modded the originals to even be better shafts. I have never hesitated in recommending him to anyone. Like you he is one of the good guy dealers that care about there customer. I hope everything works out for this Flint guy as I hate to see anyone unhappy with there detector. He does need to put more hours on it and learn his machine. I have always had a few rules about machines. I buy new, I put a min. of 200 hours on a machine before I decide if it is a keeper or not,and I try to find as many high coins at least a $100 worth with the machine if I decide to get rid of it so as to off set the loss. Later my friend HH Jerry aka Tinfoil.

Howdy Chuck (and everybody else).

I apologize if I somehow made you sound like the bad guy, which I tried not to do.

I did get your e-mail, and Tesoro just got the detector yesterday. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, but I've been working two jobs for the past couple weeks and don't get much time for websurfing.

I didn't realize that the detector did not come with the warranty, nor do I remember it being stated anywhere in the listing for it. In my opinion, not having a lifetime warranty on a product was not worth saving $40, and had that info been disclosed I would have gladly paid full price for one with a warranty.
For instance, the used Bandido listing you have on your site does not include "Does not include Tesoro's Lifetime warranty".

Otherwise, you've been more than fair and I'm sorry if I somehow painted you in a bad light... and I had thought I was singing your praises with every post I made.

I guess I was wrong.

Oh, and I apologize to everybody else who I 'chumped'. I'm sitting here in shame trying to figure out how to get the big "L" off my forehead. :rolleyes: