Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is anybody making a gift for someone this Christmas season?

done just that Ted.
Usually send friends and family that are far away on the "frozen prairie":biggrin: a box of goodies, inside are fresh cut Cedar bough tips, a bunch of Holly, a few of my late Asian pears (apple pears), some apples, a gallon of nuts off my trees and some home canned and smoked Salmon.
This year i could not, circumstances prevented it:cry:

For years i also had jewelery made from my gold nuggets for the womenfolk, they liked that a bunch. And the guys, well i told them they could come goldpanning with me:rofl:

made one to house our old, old family Bible that has been in the family for many many years. Has writings in it from great, great grandfathers. The strange thing about it is, after it was finished, in the grain of the wood, if you looked at it just right, you could see the face of Jesus. I will try to take a photo of it, and see what you all think!

Tom also made me wooden snowflakes. I will try to find those tomorrow also. He and Johnboy both are master craftsman when it comes to the exotic wood. :)

Daina I think, is coming around to accepting this thinking. That salmon was pretty good I'll bet. Thanks for replying; those gifts sound quite wonderful!

very good when smoked lightly first, then canned. Then i really ruin the fresh stuff when i slow smoke it and glaze it with honey and "Cajun" spices;) Now if i could have Art here to balance those spices, mmmmmmmmmm.......remember that cartoon where the dog floated up in the air when given a treat?:lol:
Thanks Ted

I made this one for Ashlea a couple of years ago.

She really does like it...and I like watchin' her like it. :)

It's made of ash and birch. <><

aj