Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Introducing myself. Hello from Claire in North East England

Jesusfreakmccn

Hi folks. I'm new to this forum, got a new metal for Christmas and I am a Christian. I've joined a couple of metal detecting forums in England and my username Jesusfreakmccn has caused some comment (not bad ones). I actually found a couple of other Christians who also metal detect in my area and we've agreed to try and all meet up when the weather improves a bit. It has done nothing but rain in England for it seems forever now.

Anyway, I did go metal detecting a couple of years ago but my first outing ended up with me being stuck in quick sand, getting wet and covered in oil. Alas my detector didn't survive the ordeal but me and my dog did. I re-tell the whole comical disaster in my blog I've just set up. You can check it out at www.learntometaldetect.com. I've started the blog to post my learning experiences and share with others what I learn. I'm hoping to find some treasure but, I won't be too disappointed as I know my true treasure is awaiting me in heaven.

God Bless and hope to speak again soon. Love & Peace. Claire :ukflag::angel:

Welcome to the forum and I too am a Jesus freak and have never done drugs. I love Jesus. I have never heard of that about Jesus freak. I even have a book called Jesus freak by dc talk. It is stories of people getting persecuted for serving GOD. I take it as a compliment when someone calls me Jesus freak.

...Here you will find a ton of great folks :Betty,from Missouri known as Ma,always ready to dispense her brand of Gospel,amen,Leslie,also known as 'the Blurnoser',from Canada,and many other great lovers of God here........:thumbup:

Welcome Claire!!
Will check out your Blog this weekend. I want to read "The rest of the story" regarding your quick sand adventure!

Hope you enjoy the forum and the people here. God bless.

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defined both freak and Jesus freak for me and here's what I learned:

Jesus Freak: a devout follower (yes)

Freak (various definitions in the form of noun, verb, etc.) : atypical (we are to be different than the world), an abrupt change from the normal ( when I began truly following Christ, I made an abrupt change).

So, YES, I am a Jesus Freak. I see nothing disrespectful in the title.

I have to disagree Ken. The times I have been called a Jesus freak is when I just keep talking about Christ. People say you are a Jesus freak that is all you want to talk about.
You are the only person I have seen that has made it negative. We need to focus on Jesus and not the names we are called. Because I have been called many some good and some bad. But none of them will take the love away from me that I have for my our Jesus.

n/t

It's not all about Jesus, do you forget about Jehovah His Holy Spirit, the Torah, the Prophets.
A self-proclaimed "Jesus freak", is a new Christian or a immature one. Grow up and seek
God's face.
"What comes out of man's mouth is what is in his heart." And God looks at the attitude of
the heart.

I agree with Travis....Jesus is the way, the truth and the life to get to the Father, so it is all in Him, for He is the Messiah, God with us....but we do Praise God and give Him glory for giving us a Savior that we might be saved and have eternal life with Him forever more! Amen! We have a new member and you have come to start trouble with her and us....what is your problem? You are welcome but please consider what others believe...unless they're Atheists and serve satan, please read the top of this forum...we can agree to disagree! :sad: :angel: Ma

Amen Ma. Grow up? Believe me I want to grow up as close to Christ as possible. We all should strive to do that not be hateful. I agree to disagree. No hard feelings here. I love everyone on here.

Hi Fisher's, my name is Greg. Far be it from me to denounce anything you have written for I too was in the same camp as you. I respect your opinions and appreciate your comments on this forum. It is nice to see different folks out here from time to time and we welcome you to the forum.

Having said this, I know many of us also have a myriad of opinions of our faith and would like nothing more than to see all of our brothers and sisters in Heaven some day. I am sure that you have read that, John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

I too was an atheist Fisher, and no one was going to change my mind. Well, that is, until I let JESUS change my mind, which changed my soul and my whole outlook on God. So I will ask you this; (and please forgive me, I will PM if you would like to discuss more offline), if there is the smallest shred, (Matthew 17:20: He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.") the most miniscule thought for you that maybe, just maybe there possibly COULD be a Divine and Loving Father called Yahweh God, I ask you to speak these words.

"Lord God, I confess my unbelief. I repent for this unbelief in you, and I choose to forgive myself of this unbelief and ask for your forgiveness as well. I now choose to accept Jesus Christ as my Savior."

I am sure that many of us on here will want to reach out to you in one way or another but for now I will just say that I respect where you are at on your journey. And as for not believing, well, I will believe for the both of us my friend and will lift you and your family up in prayer.

God Bless Fisher and have a Peaceful day.

Greg

I could write a book in what GOD has done for me. It is about a personal relationship with him. I didn't understand that really until a few years ago. I had to want him to change me. An he sure did and is still doing so. I am glad you are here Fisher. It is nice that you came on here an showed us respect. I hope that someday you will believe in GOD and let him be apart of your life. With your knowledge of the bible. You could really help his kingdom. Welcome again. And thanks for sharing. Yes I think we stab each other way to much on here. I have been guilty myself. But my goal is to take as many people with me to heaven as I can. I TRY to treat others as I want to be treated.

Thanks Greg....good post and I also welcome Fishers Ghost to our forum and will pray for him, also! It takes the Holy Spirit of God to draw humans to Jesus to believe by faith that He is truly the Savior of the world's sinners (everyone are born sinners and in need of a Savior) and by our repentance and accepting Him as our own personal Savior and Lord, we shall be saved and by walking in the light of Jesus on God's straight and narrow way, we will receive eternal salvation by His mercy and loving grace and not eternal damnation! My grandson is an Atheist and my granddaughter thinks she is good enough to be in heaven...makes me so SAD and grieves God's heart and mine, too! Prayers for those who need Jesus! Dear Heavenly Father, Please help the lost to draw near to You and then you will draw nearer to them and by repenting of all their sins, You will save and bless them mightily! Amen! :angel: Ma

HI YA BLOKE:ATHIEST OR NO ATHIEST GOD STILL LOVES YOU AND JESUS STILL DIED ON THE CROSS FOR YOUR SINS:thumbup:ITS A TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT SITUATION FOR CHAPS LIKE YOU.IF YOU REFUSE GODS SALVATION YOU HAVE CHOSEN THE "SMOKING SECTION" AND ETERNAL DAMNATION:devil:YOU MIGHT BE SAYING JOLLY GOOD I COULD CARE LESS,BUT BE A GOOD CHAP AND READ JOHN 3:VERSES 18 AND 19 IF THAT DOES NOT WAKE YOU READ LUKE 16--ABOUT THE RICH MAN AND WHERE HE IS RIGHT NOW.ITS NOT ABOUT RICHES ,ITS ABOUT THE MANS ADDITUDE TOWARDS HIS LIFE THAT LANDED HIM IN "IN A LIVING HELL":devil:HE LIVED AN UNRIGHTEOUS LIFE.:sadwalk:
NOW LETS CUT DOWN TO THE CHASE VERY,VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ REVELATION 20: ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE HERE:devil: BE A GOOD CHAP AND DO NOT GO HERE.GOD IS OFFERING A PLAN OF SALVATION THROUGH JESUS-------SO WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE>ABSOLUTELY NOTHING:clapping:BUT WHAT IF YOU REFUSE GODS SALVATION WHAT DO HAVE TO LOSE ? SPENDING ETERNITY IN A DEVILS HELL ITS IN CHAPTER 20 OF REV.ITS YOUR CHOOSING DUDE:shrug

THERE ARE NO ATHIESTS IN HELL ,THEY CHANGE THEIR MINDS REAL FAST,BUT THEN ITS TO LATE OLE CHAP:hot::devil: