Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

interesting news story,not personal,but i thought some might find it of interest

n/t

Who or what are these "privae archaeologist" they are talking about? I must confess my ignorance, but I wonder if these are so called archaeologist working for a non-government organization or what? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

For a while anyways. I just don't trust the archaeologists. I'd bet anything that some of the finest private collections are sitting in arkie basements everywhere. Just my take on it.:shrug:

hobbyist aren't allowed to be used in the same breath.they made sure to mention that he was issued a special permit.it would seem that this has little to do with the story,they could of just said dawson used a metal dtector and not mentioned the permit

archeologists seldom find things,they just take advantage of road construction crews and hobbyists.dawson did all the leg work and research and mister NPS guy rushes in to take over.

it says dawson was a civil war historian,most likely a self made one,who did what the archeologists should have done,investigation.i'll stop here before i get riled up.

a group of scavengers like TR and hia bunch.

This could be an exciting find.

I have to admire the guy for protecting it but I sure hope the finds are made available to all of us to see and not end up in some arkies basement collection. I have a feeling it will be controled though

be able to protect it from the likes of TR having a hunt there but the Park Service can. I don't trust Arkies much but I sure the hell don't trust the likes of TR to protect our heritage. That little crook would seed the place if he could and it would be historicaly useless. I think our past needs to be saved and this was on Park land, not private land. That means it belongs to all of us

this place was know to exist and it took a hobbyist to do the research and investigative leg work.i rate archeologists up there with man made global warming proponets,enviromentalists.they talk a good game,but they don't live it personally.

n/t

n/t

a university archeology department,it's just the petty crap that archeologists don't want anybody finding coins or jewelry on sites that are relatively new or have no historical significance.this guy did the leg work they should have done but they were busy talking shop.

guy somehere in B.C. that's been stealing furniture from chinese people.:shrug: They said from the security camera pics that this guy appears to be well into his eighties. I hope they nail his sorry azz ! :rofl:

:thumbup:He did the research the leg work As soon as the So called Experts show up Thats it.He should have kept it to himself Done Some small digs and looked for suface relics.I've seen areas that they have done digs at And was not impressed.I know of areas but whould never report them .One reason is a promise to the land owner for they don't want there fields closed by the so called experts.The finds are never seen again locked up in a drawer or added to there private collections.Never to be seen again i agree with you david 100%. JIM :thumbup: