Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I would like to get a better ID at depth with the Analyse Mode. I am just trying to figure out what this mode is a function of.

Tinfoil

Is it a function of RX Gain, All metal, Dis., Sen.,. I know the filters and sweep speed has something to do with it as 7KHZ gives the best I can get so far in this dirt. Maybe Recovery speed has a input also. I run Recovery speed at 45. I just need to know what this Mode uses to get the best reading on a Target. Maybe you have to get everything adjusted Correctly to get that ID at depth without having to swing over the target a bunch of times. I would like to make a couple of swings get the target ID without having to play around with it. I mostly hunt with the 5.3" coil and the 9.5" coil. Maybe someone can help on this one.

It sure has me stumped. Most of my good targets I have to play around with if they have any depth to them like over 7 or 8"s. Just not reliable at depth like the rest of the ID of this machine. I guess I want it all. If I don't know what adjustments affect the analyse mode I don't know where to start or what to adjust to make it better. I have played around with most of them I just can't seem to get the right combo. of settings. I hate to call the Factory as I know that they have Reps. on this forum that give help from time to time. Maybe my question is not worth the effort. If not, that is OK too. HH :D: :D: Thanks in advance. Jerry aka Tinfoil.

Once you uncheck the "match search" box you can have analyze operate independently from search mode. This allows different Ground Filter,
Recovery Delay, and SAT settings for the Analysis mode.

Depending on my area I either increase or decrease these settings. With a few exceptions, the default in analyze mode has a shorter recovery delay which may come in handy in a trashy area, but you can raise the delay level it to give it more time to analyze the target. I would also lower the filters down unless you are in an area with higher mineralization.

This seemed to help me in my area a bit.

I only with there was a way to speed up the fade rate in analyze mode, and possibly even have a single sweep option. I may flip it around and try to change my Search settings to single sweep, that way analyze can be my fall back.

Adjustments affects the Analyse Mode. What I have to crank up to get it to work better at depth with a faster response without having to swing over the target a bunch of times. Thanks Neil. :thumbup: Jerry aka Tinfoil

Neil gave you the 3 adjustments for the analysis screen. I don't think you can get the screen to work really accurate on the depths you want. 6" is probably getting to the limit of real accurate analysis screen depth. After that you need to bury some deep targets and see how the screen changes. The spectrograph ID's much deeper. Rob

The analyze mode is designed to give you the best data in a single pass, at least it does on my V3. After finding a target and pinpointing, stop the coil off to the side of target, flip to analyze, wait for the threshold to return and then make a single pass over the target. Swing over the target only and stop after passing over the target. Try to keep the swing speed the same as you were using while hunting and if for some reason you did not get any target info, swing the coil back over in the opposite direction after regaining the threshold. A change in filters and more sweep delay will give the V3 more time to analyze the target.