Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I went out for a walk this evening to see how the water was in the back waters of Backus Creek

Royal

I could not believe how low it is! Last year it was all flooded and we could paddle at will all over the place but now we would be hard pressed to get through with the kayaks! We would have to stay in the channel too. It sucks.

I have noticed the water in the river has been low too. There were sure a lot of people using it this weekend though. I might take a run in a day or so.

I asked some fishermen that were fishing at the dam if this were unusual. I knew it was from past years but these guys were born up here. They said they had never seen it so bad. The fishing seemed great though as the fish were all concentrated in the few holes. I imagine the oxygen levels has to be getting bad though.

We call this the Humpy Place because Mary hates it. As we paddle through the lillypads the big bass, pike and dogfish spook and many of them hit the bottom of the kayak. She ain't used to that, for sure. I just laugh.

[attachment 64144 Humpyplace1.jpg]

[attachment 64145 humpyplace2.jpg]

Would there be any snakes in that thick vegetation? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I saw another one in my yard today.

It is a beautiful area but the water situation is bad. Send some up for me will you:thumbup:

I hear tell that one time many years ago down at the old wagon crossing on Leon Creek, that a woman fell out of a jon boat while fishing for catfish. She started screeming and when they pulled her out of the water, it is reported that there were about 50 snakes biting her. I do not know if this is a true story or not, but I do know that there are lots of snakes in that part of Leon Creek. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

When you go out there, do you use the big 'yaks? or the small ones? I would think that there would be difficulty with the larger ones.

fair winds, bud

Mikie

if I go I will probably take the short one. I am not sure if I even want to try until we get some rain. Send us some :thumbup:

there is only one poisonous snake in Michigan. They are very secretive and avoid humans. I have many hours in places like this and NEVER been threatened by a snake unless I was trying to catch it.

Snakes are just another animal to me. Leave them alone and they will avoid you. I find them interesting and consider it a privilege when I do see them.

give it some thought. They will not eat you. They will not poison you. They will not attack you. They will not pee on you. They will not hurt you in any way at all. What is there to be afraid of? Nothing.

A snake is another matter but they are not gonna bother you unless you do something very stupid. I have never seen a snake in the US that would consider you for a meal. Now in the Everglades there are now pythons that could do the deed but I figure you are safe and I know there are none up here that are gonna bother me.

Snakes are not evil animals. They are animal that have no legs. Of course Rats and Mice do far more damage than snakes do but snakes are good at controlling them :thumbup:

n/t

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fish.state.pa.us/pafish/bowfinlm.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fish.state.pa.us/pafish/fishhtms/chap8.htm&h=215&w=798&sz=54&hl=en&start=0&sig2=aSBK_Ty-AVQL89-Dsr3CvA&tbnid=bDE7eXGw2Uf8vM:&tbnh=39&tbnw=143&ei=_eytRoucIaLAiwH-moC5Dw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfreshwater%2Bdogfish%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1B3GGGL_enUS217US218

They rarely come in YOUR house do they? :D

U G L Y ! with a capital ugly!:rofl:

n/t