Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I went out again yesterday and looked the area over again

Royal

I had lost my GPS information-I screwed up :D- and wanted to be able to see the trails on my computer.

Fred was asking about how long they last and I thought he might be interested in seeing an old pond that the beaver have abandoned. The pic is rather low quality but it took a dozen shots and to get the final picture below 400k the quality just isn't there. Oh well, you can get the idea of what it looks like.

[attachment 125630 beaverpondpanorama.jpg]

I returned to the active pond and thought would take a pan there too so the pond and all the trees the beaver have fallen are shown. You can see some of the stumps the beaver have left after chewing the tree down. It looks like they did a lot of work on some of them for no return. They are expert at dropping a tree but their aim sucks.

I turned my camera on its side and took the pictures, stitched them together and then rotated the picture in the the proper orentation. Gives me much more hight. I had to squeeze this one down too to stay under the 400k limit.

[attachment 125629 pannetdisplay.jpg]

The last one was taken off Google Earth and shows my route. The South Branch is shown wandering through the forest. My GPS said the entire route I drove yesterday in the woods was 17 miles.

The flags you see along the river are Geocashes that are hidden by me and a few others

[attachment 125631 trails.jpg]

if i head into the bush from my house all i see is firewood and no beavers to cut it down:biggrin: My stepson is getting at it though, whenever i can keep him away from the Beavers;)

I understand they are good to eat:thumbup::razz:

do a number on tree's. I'm amazed at times of the size of the tree's they tackle. Nice batch of geocaches on the river. There are geting to be quite a few around these parts now between the larger rivers and lakes that I need to take a weekend with the canoe and round them up.
Jane likes to explore the rivers and ponds. I added a bunch of new nes to go get around these parts but have not had time enough to do it yet. Working on the road bike today. Greased the front axle, wheel bearings, actually just making sure back road dirt was getting in there. So far nice and clean. ONe of those weeks here where you get light sprinkles off and on all day. Guess a little more than that tomorrow and nice Wed. I'll take that, club night, race time...not that rain or mud stops us....LIke a buch of kids out there seeing who can burry who the quickest.

Looks like once the beaver leave it goes back to what it was again once the dam breaks up. I got to get some pictures of them around these parts.... Not as large as what I'm seeing except for a few. Wish I could catch a few of them for awhile, chain them to a tree I wanted down, then move them to another one. Rotate them out after each tree. Hows that for getting lazy....

You live in some great country there for playing on the fresh water. I like the quiet of the rivers and streams. Kept them pictures coming. I'll make it a point to gather some new ones myself....

Geo-CT

I am setting on the deck posting with my iPod touch. Slow as heck but I have been dreaming of a day like this for m
many months! Check the camera and see my balding head

time coming for sure. This is why you worked all those years,so you could kick back and do the things you like to do. I've been watching you decorate the yard over the past 2 weeks. Looks great. Nice slice of heaven there.

Geo-CT

n/t

When you asked I went and took this picture. The sun was in my eyes but the pan came out ok.

I only have some Rubarb planted in it but we are freezing every night. I just enlarged the flower bed in front of it too.

[attachment 125662 pan-of-flowbox.jpg]

you lived closer. Bring about 4 10 wheelers with you and we could fill it field stone or big granite boulders. I give rocks away as often as I can. Stone walls all over the place here. Thats the only use the found for them I think other than fireplace and basements. Where is the rubarb box, on the other side of the house? It looks like we are gonna stay above freezing here, close but I think we are ok looking at the 10 day forcast on Intelcast weather...

Geo

The box is a raised flower bed. Sure makes it easy to tend the plants, easy on the knees :D It is about two ft on the right, three and a half on the left and is 24 ft long and 4 ft wide.

It is tough finding a place to plant down here in the woods but that spot has the most sun.

the Rubarb is at the far end. I am not gonna have many veggies in it though. Lots of flowers. I plan as I go

[attachment 125666 May-4--2009-Large.jpg]

I hope to get a bunch of frogs and preferably tadpoles so there will be lots of toads in the garden. They are just small little ponds but I have one running into the other and I like the sound as I set on the deck.

There was a turkey out there the last few days and a coon this late morning. The coon will be ok and if he causes problems he is outa there. :D I hope the turkey picks the dang slugs off the hosta. They sure have big turds though :(

can be very destructive. Some of the wasted trees are large...just laying there to rot. There may be fish in that pond. Thanks for posting these pictures, I liked them. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

knee's sounds better all the time. This aging process ruins a lot of those little pleasures. I notice on your rocks, no lechens on them. They just come outof the ground or river bed? Here they are all covered in them. They will even grow on the roof shingles here after about 10 years. Here you could build that out of the rock if you wanted to with all the flat field stones. Some of the people are really good doing it.
I take one down in a stone wall and unless I take a picture of it, it never looks the same. Another reason why the back don't work right anymore. Some of the older homes aroudn here the entire house up to the roof line of the second floor is all made from rocks. Looks nice but one heck of a lot of work. I'll do a picture safarie this summer of some of the different ways they do them. Pretty impressive these old folks were.

Geo

I like the sounds of the water over the rocks and splashng into more. A lot of the people around here take the old in house well pumps, the cast ones and put them at the head waters and feed the water thru it so it makes sounds and decent amount of volume, then run them down a slope of rocks. Sounds nice, very relaxing. Easy here, Not a lot of flat land where I am. I often wonder why they ever built farms in this area of Connecticut. Not nice farm land with out without major works. All the miles of stone walls and rock heaps will attest to that. Yet they did it by hand or horse and sled. No wonder they died young, All the well holes here are walled up with them..Fact I almost stepped in one the other week while out in the woods that I never knew was there. I came back and detected around it a little but no luck, yet. Still had plenty of water in it. In a lot of the swamps around here they would build milk coolers in them and store the cows milk there. Still stand after 250 years. Now you got to mount your cam on a remote robot so we can wander around your yard. LOL..... I see you take all your plants in at night still.....Big temp swings up your way still.... I'm likiing this green looking ground a lot better than white and ice. For awhile there the wife and I were expecting penguins to start herding up in the yard....

Geo

them where lumbering has been going on. The equipment turn them up. This area is all sand and during the ice age the rocks were hauled down here from Canada, pushed along under the ice.

It is really against the law to get them on state land but ....

I like the natural look.

it is just a security camera and if I wanted it clear it would cost me more than I wanted to spend.

Mike Q has a camera that is much clearer but it is stationary. I like to be able to move it around. He does have a moton sensor on his that turns on the light and takes the picture.

Here is a picture from Mike O's camera he sent me a while back. He lives about 20 miles from me. You can see in back how close his neighbors are but they still come in. I have not had any around here, that I know of, for years and we have over 4 acres. I would love to see one out back but I would not want one hanging around and I am sure it would tear hell out of my wire.

[attachment 125737 mikebear.jpg]