Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I was threatened by a swimmer at the beach today!:ranting: Gold though!

You should have starting studdering, walked onto the lane a bit then drop to the ground and start flopping around and shaking. Then maybe piss yourself and make sure alot of people are watching. That's what I'd do. That guy would have freaked out and then you could say the stress brought it on from the guy's threats. :)

[size=medium]....I simply asked him if he made a habit of threatening 300 lb. total strangers carrying large stainless steel shovels over their shoulders....."why would you take that chance?" I asked. That was all it took to turn the tables with out having to use any physical violence.....I understand that it doesn't work for everyone though.....HH....Brian[/size]
[attachment 64280 westcentflaboys004.jpg]

Yeah it sucks when you are trying to go about your own business and someone like him comes along. My first reaction with blowhards like that is to go dead calm.

I then look them in the eye and say, "Better bring a lunch and first aid kit if you wanna try - you'll be here a while."

It's always the first thing that comes to mind. It HAS gotten me into a scrape or two over the years, but nothing big. Ive taken it and dished it out...and survived.

Guys like that are trying to intimidate others and playing on fear. Dont show them any.

DO let the beach patrol know of his plans when you next see them, though. After a few hours, you should have waved at them every time they come by and maybe even gotten to know them a little. They are the ONE bunch of people on the beach you should talk to.

Times are different now. It used to be the worst that could happen is a black eye. But now people use guns and knives to solve the smallest of issues. You better strap on the Lesche for protection out there!

Sorry for the long time getting back on line. There is only one little room for Internet access and it is slow. I am also sleeping a lot when not detecting. So far I have caught every low tide day and night since Saturday. That can get rough after a while...

Thanks everyone for the support, it really helped. I haven't seen the guy anymore since I was back out to the beach. I haven't found anymore gold either. I did find a 925 ring and a SS ring and a Sac dollar last night.

The guy was around 19th street.

Wesbeach