Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think i will stay put my SAFARI does what i need!!!

so..... WTF was the purpose of your post? You just felt like coming onto the EQ forum to say you wont buy one.... sounds pretty trollish. Maybe we should all go to every detector sub-forum to say we wont be buying one of those too?

I am going to buy a Deus . :D . Like Hell i am . The Equinox is the one to get , no doubt.

As for not wanting to change from a Safari to an Equinox , thats up to them but it wont match the Equinox for speed in Iron infested site and the weight of the Equinox is much more relaxing .
I know that for sure after using the machines i have below.

Pointless to you . But if people thought that too much then there wouldn't be any at all and the forum would die.

If you want to see pointless posts read Facebook . The most pointless waste of space on Earth.

Nuke em said:
I am going to buy a Deus . :D . Like Hell i am . The Equinox is the one to get , no doubt.

As for not wanting to change from a Safari to an Equinox , thats up to them but it wont match the Equinox for speed in Iron infested site and the weight of the Equinox is much more relaxing .
I know that for sure after using the machines i have below.

Hell for how light they are I figured you'd have the etrac in one hand and the Explorer in the other and hunt double fisted!:lol:

Explorer XS in the left had , Explorer 11 in the right hand and for good measure the ET strapped to the left leg and an Equinox strapped to the right leg. :D

If anything wouldn't he post it in the FORUM for safari's?

Jason in Enid said:
so..... WTF was the purpose of your post? You just felt like coming onto the EQ forum to say you wont buy one.... sounds pretty trollish. Maybe we should all go to every detector sub-forum to say we wont be buying one of those too?

Up to 11 days ago he had his Safari up for sale--and now it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?-----Strange!------I guess everybody is entitled to change their mind---but why post it here on the Equinox forum?

People are getting frustrated at the amount of time that the Equinox is taking to be released.
Maybe Minelab should have launched it nearer the time of release? But then the Russians and Polish and others are doing video's on Youtube and that would have messed it up .
People are just going to have to be patient .

Nuke em said:
People are getting frustrated at the amount of time that the Equinox is taking to be released.
Maybe Minelab should have launched it nearer the time of release? But then the Russians and Polish and others are doing video's on Youtube and that would have messed it up .
People are just going to have to be patient .

I don't see why they'd be frustrated. This is pretty common for product announcements and releases. The iPhone X won't be available until late October, despite being announced in early September, and that's Apple. Video games get announced years before they are released. Cars get announced a half year before release. The Tesla Model 3, however, has been reserveable for over a year and people won't receive theirs until Mid-2018 at the earliest. The AT Max was announced months before it was available for purchase. This is normal.

Everyone who wants a Nox or is considering purchasing a Nox is anxious to know more about it. I definitely want to try one myself. That's understandable. But what we are seeing is more than just frustration. There's a good number of people that interpret everything negatively, or jump to wild conclusions based on little evidence. That's not frustration, it's something else. Someone taking time out of their day to come to a forum dedicated to the Equinox ONLY to tell us he does not want an Equinox...that just doesn't make sense. What would make sense is if he posed a question, such as "Why should I consider ditching my Safari for the Equinox?", or "What advantages might the Equinox have over my Safari", or even "I'm not convinced the Equinox is better than my Safari, am I wrong?". THOSE are discussions worth having! Those are the posts we should get. Instead, we get really lame troll attempts to invite people. It's pathetic.

For those of you that don't interpret the original post as I'll-intentioned or malicious, I commend you for being more receptive and less cynical than myself. But I'd ask you to look at all the discussions that have popped up about the Equinox, and critically examine some of the posts and the users making them, and you might just see a pattern. And yes, that includes users like me, who seem to only defend the Equinox. We exist too. I'd argue, however, that I'm not defending the Equinox or Minelab as much as I am challenging the people posting nonsense.

Tyberoz : You and I are friends. You've been patient with me, and I've been patient with you. I love your passion for wanting to excel at md'ing, the related tech, and your research for sites. But I must agree with Nuke-em : Think about the tone of how you are responding to various people. Re.: this new machine. Sure you might consider someone's input "lacking". And ... heck ... you may even be right (that's not the point). But ... perhaps you could tone down the subtle pokes at people intellect, intentions, etc.....

Tom_in_CA said:
Tyberoz : You and I are friends. You've been patient with me, and I've been patient with you. I love your passion for wanting to excel at md'ing, the related tech, and your research for sites. But I must agree with Nuke-em : Think about the tone of how you are responding to various people. Re.: this new machine. Sure you might consider someone's input "lacking". And ... heck ... you may even be right (that's not the point). But ... perhaps you could tone down the subtle pokes at people intellect, intentions, etc.....

K

No jason just read alot on the new unit and figured i would add and post the way i felt no negative bs intended.

Sorry to all i have offended it wasnt ment to hurt anyone's feelings or put any negative towards the Eqiunox i love minelab ive had several. Hope we still are freinds.

We are all passionate about our Minelabs,past present and future! Because they all do work really well we would like to think the one we have is perfect for us! And we very well may be right. There's always time to tinker with the newest model in the future,some will do it right away and some may wait. Either way is just fine.

D&P-OR said:
Up to 11 days ago he had his Safari up for sale--and now it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?-----Strange!------I guess everybody is entitled to change their mind---but why post it here on the Equinox forum?

This isn't directly at anyone in particular But, why make an issue over his post?

You could have just asked why/ how did you come up with that conclusion???

A whole bunch of you are starting to sound "trollish" IMO

What do you think you have to defend anyway. ML makes good detectors.. we all know that. Doesn't mean everyone has to shell out the hard earned bucks to grab every new machine that comes along.

Tom in Michigan

Tyber0z said:
..... I commend you for being more receptive and less cynical than myself. .....

I don't think they're "more receptive" (ie.: believing another's views) or "less cynical" (failing to see , or withholding counter views). They would just address the actual data being discussed. Ie.: the merits, or lack-thereof, of the ACTUAL device, method, topic, etc..... Let me give you an example: I have a bee-in-my-bonnet TH'ing related topic (to a fault) as well : The sillyness of LRL, dowsing . It fascinates me how people believe, and/or how they respond to counter explanations. But I am very careful to keep it at the actual subject. Despite that, yes, I might wonder "is this guy numb-nuts or what?". Ie.: no name calling, but ... just the topic itself. Yes i know that's a fine-line to tread. And yes I know we all get passionate.

Tyber0z said:
.....and you might just see a pattern. .....

It's just a pattern of people being the devils advocate, to elicit conversation. And to the extent that sometimes (invariably) there WILL be "nonsense posts", ok, either skip those posts . Their lack of merit will be evident. Or address just the facts (pro's/con's) themselves of those conversations.

Now let's get back to the business of md'ing. We're already in mid October, so the storm/swell season is coming soon. Heck, we just had a minor NW "bump" that you saw gave the fellow 100 + coins and gold ring. And not mentioned in that post was that his hunt partner had even more coins and a fat gold ring. So .... as you can see, beach action can start erupting even in early October around here. I also just discovered a new ghost town that you and I can work on if you want. So there's too much to pursue, and too little time to get "worked up"

Cabin fever's coming early this year---huh Tom!;)
Jackpine Savage said:
D&P-OR said:

This isn't directly at anyone in particular But, why make an issue over his post?

You could have just asked why/ how did you come up with that conclusion???

A whole bunch of you are starting to sound "trollish" IMO

What do you think you have to defend anyway. ML makes good detectors.. we all know that. Doesn't mean everyone has to shell out the hard earned bucks to grab every new machine that comes along.

Tom in Michigan