Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I think I might of gotten in my last ride for this year.....

If you buy one and put it on your bike, it will not protect you. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) ;)

I always wanted one. I was watching one on EBAY this week looks like a little one man Piper Cub. It was less than 6000.00 dollars. Put my metal detector in it and find a place to hunt. I bet I would quite hearing so many no's when I landed in there feild, than pulling up in my truck and asking permission.

three miles north of FM3009....it is on the east side of the road, hidden by some trees. I have seen the sign, but have not actually seen the small air field. It is my understanding that if you buy the Ultra Light airplane from them, they will teach you how to fly it. You have to have a licence, but folks claim it is easy to get. Folks claim that they are safe to fly. I think it would be neat to fly one while looking for old ghost towns and other historical sites...you could land it in a near by field and explore. Kelley (Texas) :)

A friend of my built one, it was a 2 seater. about 25000.00 dollars. it would cruise about 85mph. Had a enclosed cabin with a rear engine. After he got it all built he had it out at the local airport,and was making practice runs down the run way. At about 40 miles per hour it lifted off the ground an he was just watching it climb till it staled out when he lost air speed it went into a dive. By the time he figured what was wrong he put the power to it, it was to late. He bounced it off the ground three times, the first bounce he went up over a hundred feet in the air, the other two wiped out his landing gear. By the time it was over he had totally ruined a pretty little plane. One wing, the main air frame was bent, the brand Rotex engine had a prop strike with the frame. The landing gear which was designed to fold up or I would call crushed on a hard impact. He walked away from it with a swollen foot and a lower back pain for months. To this day that ultra light or sport plane is in his back yard. I have tried many times to talk him out of the motor, he want give me a price on it. He says it was totally his mistake, when he went to Florida to the factory and test flew them you take off at full power. He had it less than half when it lifted off the ground. He is lucky to be a live. But I still would like to have one.