Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I never was much of a bowler- part one and Part Two :D

Royal

Bowling. Now there is a subject you don

Does anyone bowl anymore. We played 5 pins. I cannot ever remember anyone playing 10 pins. Maybe that was an adult game that us kids were not permitted [Actually that kinda sounds a bit risque']

good story

Calm seas

M

I was a lousy bowler and my average was usually around 155-160 with an occasional 200 game. 232 being the best I ever threw.

I had a buddy that asked me to bowl on his team. It was half way through the league and I was taking the place of a Millwright I worked with because he was such an obnocous ass. He would get drunk and hit on the wives and pat wateresses on the butt and such and they got tired of it. He was kicked out of the league.

The team I was on was a fun team and winning didn

and your buddy put together...............that would be Lil Brother!!! Ask him about his bowling when he lived with me in Texarkana for awhile! I called him "gutterboy!!

I actually bowled on a women's league, had my own ball with my name engraved on it!!! It was purple marbled, and I played the night before I delivered my second daughter!

I knew guys like the likes of you two! Drunk, obnoxious and even a self admitted A.H.! there was plenty of them at the bowling alley when I bowled. BUT......as hard as I try, I never remember a "pin boy". :angel:

Uh-Hmmm, I think it's great that your medicine is making you chatty! About time!! Loved your bowling stories! No doubt, you were a hell raiser in your younger days! Probably a miracle we are all alive---the ones on this forum!!! :)

I would've refrained from any attempt at humor otherwise. I kinda feel like a schmuck ! Sorry all.

n/t

n/t

until about a month ago,an old running buddy and his wife moved out this way but she still worked in dallas and made the long drive everyday.i hadn't bowled in years ,but bowled my highest game ever,i think it was a 213.i was just learning about the slow ball breaking a little more,i always threw a straight ball too.well the drive was to much for his wife everyday,so they moved back and my bowling days are over for awhile.there were some older gentlemen doing the bowling for a dollar deal when we bowled,don't know if the had a jackpot.

bowled a lot when I was in school, used to bowl with the wife. Sorta lost interest.

in town,located next to the Bass River.The bowling alley even has a Boatramp out back! Good combination for $$$. When we were kids,in winter,we would bowl a few strings.When were leaving,we would each "borrow" a bowling ball!! We had sweatshirts,with the big single pocket in the front,stuffed with gloves,a hat,and the bulge in the middle,was a bowling ball.The bulge couldn't be a GUT,were too young!! :lol: :lol: Anyway,the "borrowed" balls were making a oneway trip! We had plans!! We would walk outback on the Hallwhitiker Bridge,and try to smash through the ice on the Bass River!! Didn't work!! Too thick! Imagine,walking on the bridge,and seeing 2 or 3 bowling balls laying on the ice? The bowling alley is still in operation today. The float they have for the boatramp is unique. They use candlepins for cleats!! They drilled two holes through each,mount them horizontal on two studs,a few inches from the deck. Every boater uses those unique cleats. Occasionally people looked puzzled at them? some don't have clue,that they are candlepins!! :lol: