Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I did my homework

So much falls in the vdi number range of common junk items. Old brass dog tax tags fall in the low ranges, buttons, early coins. It is important to dig those vdi numbers if one is in an area that their is almost no chance for a pull tab to be found. Areas that i dig all these readings in are the side walk tear outs and where they shave off the top layers of soil. Hunting this way i find more seated and barber dimes that mercurys.

in my book. Means it is not being hunted serously by anyone else. Keep hunting it... if it is an old site, the more trash you take out, the more stuff you'll find on your return trips. The ratio of good targets to trash will eventually increase.

There is one park here that has been hunted to death. It's funny, as there are only deep trash and iffy targets and newly dropped items. The 1" to 5" deep strata seems to be almost devoid of good targets!