Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I’m just wondering

Bigtom123

I’ve read a lot of posts here where people are getting ready to sell their Safaris and explorers,,and even read a few Etracs that might get sold in order to get cash for the new nox...I want one too,but I’m sure it’s not better than my Etrac or safari for coin hunting,,,and that’s not just my thoughts.Minelab said they’re selves the new nox will make all other single frequency machines obsolete,,they said nothing about fbs real multi frequency machines becoming extinct due to the release of the Nox...I think it’s great Minelabs putting out a light weight midpriced machine,but I’d never sell a fbs just to get one.

I think we'll have to wait and see Tom. There will always be some that sell to fund something new, but only time will tell if the new detectors that come along actually start to DISPLACE tried and true detectors like the Explorer series.

Rich

Time will tell is very true but if nobody leaves there comfort zone how will we really know? I left the Explorer se for CTX and never looked back my hunting buddy left the Etrac for CTX never looked back. One thing everyone seems to be hung up on is how could it be better then X machine. Well that's simple technology advances and even FBS2 that is in the CTX is already 5 year old tech. How much have phones and TVs changed in 5 years? The next thing is no way a $900 machine is better the a $2k machine! Why not its a brand new technology and we all know when ML launches something new its not rebranded tech. So, I look at the releases of info on NOX to date to be saying this is new and will turn the hobby world upside down even our beloved machines. Now it would be business suicide to say "oh yeah its cheaper, lighter and as good if not better then our flagship". Case in point the GTI 2500 is still the flagship of Garrett guess what the AT Pro 60?% cheaper runs circles around the GTI head to head I know I still own an AT Pro why? AT Pro is newer tech now everyone knows the AT pro series is the best in the Garrett line up but GTI 2500 still remains the "flagship" . So, IMHO I truly believe many FBS and BBS machine owners will be moth balling their old faithful's. Fact is there are newer single freq modern VLF machines that give even my beloved CTX a run for its money. The only real advantage unless your soil is perfect neutral soil with BBS/FBS is target ID especially at depth. What if the overall message that ML is saying with info to date is it will crush all other VLFs and likely hang with our best machines? ( again think At Pro vs GTI) . I also feel all of us wish for the one machine that can do it all. The reality that's like say a hammer is all you need in a tool box. I think this machine will be very close to filling the true versatile detector ideology. I pre ordered the NOX 800 and will likely sell my CTX cause I have seen enough already to believe this is going to be a game changer and in my moderately mineralized ground I will test its worth. I maybe wrong and if so I will be the first to post that its all hype.

I have a lot of hopes for the Equinox, it is going to be my all weather shallow water detector as I do not have an AT Pro, MX sport or similar. If it proves worthy of unseating my etrac or Racer 2 than I can thin my on hand detectors to what’s needed. My wife would like that as I seem to have accumulated more detectors than we currently have room for.

Rich

ML makes a lot of those FBS machines....... did away with the Sov and SE, both great machine. Came out with the CTX now this machine....... all based on all around machines. i believe thats the trend..... which may reduce their herd. I think machines like the Sov and others will always bring a good resale price since after markets created a lot of accessories......unless they STOP doing repairs. These new all around machines seems to be pricy for aftermarkets to give us accessories.

No matter the technology there's always those pesky PHYSICS we must obey,technology or not.

Bigtom123 said:
I’ve read a lot of posts here where people are getting ready to sell their Safaris and explorers,,and even read a few Etracs that might get sold in order to get cash for the new nox...I want one too,but I’m sure it’s not better than my Etrac or safari for coin hunting,,,and that’s not just my thoughts.Minelab said they’re selves the new nox will make all other single frequency machines obsolete,,they said nothing about fbs real multi frequency machines becoming extinct due to the release of the Nox...I think it’s great Minelabs putting out a light weight midpriced machine,but I’d never sell a fbs just to get one.

Tom, I didn't sell my etrac thinking the equinox would be better but that the equinox would be better than the machine I'm using now. My etrac as good as it was had been in the closet for quite some time simply because of the weight and no other reason. It's the best machine I've ever owned. I'm happy with the machine I'm using now but can't help but believe the equinox will out perform it.
One of the first videos I watched on the equinox the guy said he had been waiting nine months for the equinox debut before he could say anything about it. I noticed while showing the different modes at detectaval he referred to the one he had at home as having the prospecting icon on it already. I know he's just one guy but he seemed very happy with it and had been using it for a while.
I've already settled for a lighter machine and now I can get a minelab Equinox that's fast, waterproof, multi - freq. and light. I've gotta give that a try.

I'll keep my Se Pro because the Equinox does not appear to have dual axis target ID. And to walk behind etrac and CTX users digging deep stuff to mess with them. :lmfao:

I’ll be keeping my Etrac,but I might come up with the funds for a nox.It does seem like a heck of a machine,I’m just a firm believer that you get what you pay for...As for the Etracs only downfall,it’s weight.But I put up with it because it’s the best in my book.

I'm guessing just like everyone else, but I seriously doubt if the Eq will outhunt FBS across the board.

I am one of those that intend to sell my Safari if the Eq hype pans out but it isn't strictly because of a 'this machine is better than that one' reason. My Safari is pretty much relegated to backup status since I got my CTX and only used by my wife when we go to the beach and need 2 machines (also as a loaner for friends I am trying to convert to the hobby). The much lighter weight is a HUGE draw for us on the Eq. Icing on the cake is the ability to force a hi freq for small gold.

I still think the Safari is way underrated, but as I am not a collector of machines, when I have no real use for it anymore, I will pass it on to someone else to enjoy.

I don't no about you but if you have seen some videos of the depth of the coins it picks up in soil.( which you probly have ) I don't no if the etrac could hit on them ...https://youtu.be/iwtAPuVCjP4

That's basically an air test with the coin oh-so-carefully placed sticking out from the dirt and the coil also hanging partially past the edge of the hole. Why are they being so deceptive?

Architex said:
That's basically an air test with the coin oh-so-carefully placed sticking out from the dirt and the coil also hanging partially past the edge of the hole. Why are they being so deceptive?

I was wondering when one of the " it's a conspiracy", "it's deception", " trickery" theorist would chime in. It must suck to go through life paranoid that everyone is trying to deceive you. :rolleyes:.

Buy one or don't. If you like it keep it. If you don't like it sell it. Relax. Have fun.

Dean

Architex said:

Wow if it's hitting a tiny piece of coin that deep ...I'm impressed.....that would be air testing something smaller than a dime. ....just my thoughts ...pretty good trick I guess..

Ksdirt said:
Architex said:

Wow if it's hitting a tiny piece of coin that deep ...I'm impressed.....that would be air testing something smaller than a dime. ....just my thoughts ...pretty good trick I guess..

My thoughts as well. But, didn't you see! The operator was sticking his tongue out...which acts like an antenna! His left foot was forward... which grounds him better! And...and ...he was facing in to the wind..and....and... everyone is trying to steal all of my money!!! DECEPTION! I tell you!! DECEPTION!

Like Aaron Rogers said, " R-E-L-A-X".

Dean

It speaks volumes that the "ancient" Excal 1000 is still such a popular water detector, especially when veteran users go to such great length to modify them and keep them working.

That says a lot.

I will keep the Excal, of course, but will probably pick up an Equinox whenever they come out and give it a good working out next spring.

When it comes down to it, isn't that pretty much what we all do when a new, shiny, fascinating detector comes out? :drinking:

Reminds me of the episode on "Big Bang Theory" where Leonard, Walowitz, and Koothrapalli are at the comic book store and Stuart cons all three of them into purchasing the same fantasy card game.

Stuart said it was like, "shooting nerds in a barrel." :biggrin:

dbado1 said:
Ksdirt said:
Architex said:

My thoughts as well. But, didn't you see! The operator was sticking his tongue out...which acts like an antenna! His left foot was forward... which grounds him better! And...and ...he was facing in to the wind..and....and... everyone is trying to steal all of my money!!! DECEPTION! I tell you!! DECEPTION!

Like Aaron Rogers said, " R-E-L-A-X".

Dean
now that's funny...real good...:cheers:

Wow who lite your hair on fure Dean? Bet u pre ordered didnt u? Ill give it a few month so the pre ordered guys can back down to earth and we get past the fish stories.

Hey Dew,
Shoulda had my coffee first ,huh. No, I didn't pre order. I do intend on getting one, though. Just getting a bit worn out by all of the silliness that's surrounding this detector's launch. I don't recall this happening with any other detector launch.

Dean