Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hypothetical V3 V3i question...

jbow

Suppose I were thinking of possibly selling my V3... I'm not at this point but if I were. In your opinion would it be worth it for me to upgrade the V3 to the V3i or would I be spending 125 bucks for nothing. I am probably going to upgrade it anyway but this question has been bugging me since I am undecided about some things.

I realize that all you can give me is an opinion so feel free to give it. I know it is only an opinion.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Julien

Julian

Spending the money for the upgrade to V3i - yes, if you are going to keep it, no, if you are going to sell it. You will not get that money back when you sell it. With our bad soil the upgrade will not help all that much.

Thanks for the input. I may get it done anyway and have it checked out while it is being updated. How high can you run your RX with factory sensitivity settings like 88 in C&J? I have to run on 4 everywhere to stop it from falsing. I am reading where others are able to run the RX much higher... I am using multiple coils too.

Thanks,

Julien

If you have bad soil the upgrade is more important. I will be more stable and quieter. My soil is rich in iron and other minerals. I run RX13 and Disc 90 - 94. I'm in Illinois but you will see the Indiana guys are doing the same. Rob

What is the difference in the V3i that make it better in bad soil ? Did they do something to the filters or ground balalnce or tracking?I am looking for a reason to upgrade other than more stable and quiet I dont have that issue with my V3 anymore. Does it see deeper in single freq all metal than the V3? Cannot seem to get an answer other than stability. Not trying to stir things up, just what people with the upgrade have observed

If it is more stable and more quiet you can run higher settings and therefore you can get deeper. All the settings affect each other. Rob

I still have the non upgraded V3 and most places that are relatively EMI free I can run my RX 12-15 with the disc set to 80-100.Ive found even at 15,my signal loss is less than 20%.Ive also sent several D2s back because of problems.This last round I sent two back and got one new one (this is the good one).The other one I sent in they sent back,which really kinda irks me because it does overload at 15 with the TX on and does not perform like the other one they replaced.Since I originally bought the V,its been a love-hate relation with the D2.Since your having problems with multiple coils,I'd send the whole works in,coils and all, to be checked,even if you dont want the upgrade.If your pinpoint isnt pulsating where you hunt,you can rule out major EMI and let Sweet Home figure your problem out.Having to run an RX of 4 to eliminate falsing has always meant a bad coil to me,provided theres no EMI issue.

Hang7575...I dont think theres anything wrong with "stirring" things up a bit....isnt that what its all about! We are all after the truth so I think we should basically say whatever we want otherwise, what is the point? Friendly disagreements should be a good thing.

Jbow....If you can afford it....I would do it....You will get a bit more if you sell your detector as most people want the upgrade. Is the upgrade make it more stable? Maybe yes, maybe no. It all depends on your conditions. I didnt see a major change in the stability factor from one to the other but it is possible. You get some nice new features of course but the standard v3 worked just fine to me. Im glad I got the change and had it tweeked but as I said ,,,if you can afford it....go for it!

n/t