Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hurricane Dorrian?

I figured we could camp out on the beach to save some $$$. There's a camping site at Flagler Beach that's pretty reasonable, too. I doubt that they'll be all booked up.

Oh hell, we can dream, can't we?

Well. It was a fun dream. I’ve heard that after a big storm it can be some good hunting.

Doug

Donut said:
Well. It was a fun dream. I’ve heard that after a big storm it can be some good hunting.

Doug

You heard right, Doug. You heard right ...

Im actually flying to Orlando for a contract meeting on Weds night, and I think I'll bring the 800 along.

sand everywhere, the wave direction and duration was not good enough this trip. On the other hand, we did escape what happened to the Bahamas, they are suffering. Some local boats that don't need to refill fuel are taking what food and supplies they can carry. USGC is flyinh daily missions, Semper Paratus!

We are expected to get the tail end of it her in Cornwall next week, hoping as the sand is very deep at the moment

The eye of Dorian just passed 30 miles east of us in coastal North East NC. We are now on the backside of the storm. Winds are now gusting to 65 mph instead of 80 to 90 mph, a welcomed relief. All the Outer Banks accesses are closed and thousands, including us, are without power. Very heavy flooding everywhere and significant damage across the outer and inner banks. It will take a couple of weeks for me to “dig out” so to speak but so far, I have had no damage to my home and the flood waters haven’t reached my house. Several very large trees down in my front yard but they missed my cars and garage. As soon as I get things sorted I’ll be hitting the beaches but right now just thankful to be safe and dry. Hope Calabash and others on the Carolinas coast faired as well as I have so far. Should be over in another few hours and the water should start receding.

Well it’s coming my way Ct but it will stay out to sea still have some big swells so I’ll be hitting the beach tomorrow!!!!

smithobx said:
so far, I have had no damage to my home and the flood waters haven’t reached my house. Several very large trees down in my front yard but they missed my cars and garage.

That is your real treasure! No damage or injury. Glad you are OK, a lot of us were far luckier than the Bahamas and I will take that.

Good for you

I understand the excitement of detecting beaches that could produce old Spanish treasures. I carried that same excitement for years. But having had my Texas home destroyed by Hurricane Harvey in August 2017, I don't wish a hurricane on any beach, no matter how much treasure might be exposed. I had enjoyed detecting Mustang Island beaches for more than 10 years. That is where I did my winter field testing for both the CTX3030 and the Equinox, not to mention several X-TERRA coils. In fact, my avatar picture was taken right in front of my condo, putting the Equinox thorough it's paces back in 2016. But hitting those beaches has lost some of the luster for me. Who knows? Maybe I'm just getting old! HH Randy