Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting in trash

Rob (IL)

I hunted a 15ft triangle at a school today. The area was very trashy. I used a modified Trash program and the 6x10 coil. The recovery delay was 35 and the ground filter was 5 High. This let me move slower and the detector would even hit at the front and back edge of some coins. I ran the RX at 7 but it could be reduced to help with masking. I was also running salt compensate but I didn

Looks like a lot of diggin' with worthwhile results!! (That delay sure is a tight one!) Big congrats to you!

Congratulations on the gold and silver Rob......:thumbup:..... That is a lot of digging but you needed the exercise anyway......:devil:

Actually it was 2 triangles and I think the 35 delay is like an MXT. Rob
[attachment 151710 tri.jpg]

Nice finds - you'd think some day they would come up with a icon for pencil erasure tips.
I hunt trashy spots the most - finds are in the mix and seems many find cleaner ground to detect. That's okay with me. Use small coils, work slow, and lots of digging. Sometimes you can hunt and dig allot and not go far. My buddies seem to go on for less trash and that's good. It's a challenge at times but can be worth it,

Great finds in such a small space. You sure got in a lot of digging there. Congrats on the rings and all, I'm very impressed! HH, Nancy

If you have sites with that much buried clad you must still have a lot of older coins at some sites as well,Ray.

Nope, I'm down in Texas for the winter and there are no older sites I have found. The schools are fenced off also. The few parks are trashy and haven't produced much. The site was built in 1928 and hasn't even produced a Wheatie. This spot and one tot lot that are all that has produced much. The idea of the post was to show how I hunt in trash and give me settings. Rob

Yes I was digging in turf, it's sandy. With the DX1 is could pinpoint the majority of the targets and didn't have to dig holes for them. I popped them out. In this Texas grass ( more like vines) the targets were shallow for the most part.