Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to help increase your finds. :) Not one of my stories in the usual sense, but I felt it would go in here.

n/t

... a beautiful elk shed I received two days ago! I can't tell you how special it is to me Mike. I have only seen them on TV and had no idea of the MASS of those babies! What a TOTAL surprise.

Sorry to say that I can't make anything from it because I can't see any way of improving upon its stark natural beauty. I could never defile it in any way. I will however, find a very special place for it in our home.

I keep looking and looking at it and just can't get OVER it! Obviously it's this year's shed, still with full, rich coloring with ivory tips and even maroon hair from the head of the beast that wore it all last season!

You probably already know, but I had to fight Scott off of it when I got it from Linda. (She has a photo that she will post) It was a tough fight but alas, I have it safe and secure on the Hilltop. But brother-in-law Scott is still lusting after it!! :lol:

He just needs to take the RV up there and look for the other half. :lol:

It is such a special, unique item and I really want to thank you and Alice for the treasure. I can only IMAGINE Linda horsing that thing through the airports. They musta thought she was a big game hunter or something. :lol:

Once, in the 17-1800's and before, elk were indigenous to this area. But they were hunted out in the late 1800's. In 1980's they were reintroduced to Arkansas and we now have a herd in NE Arkansas of about 4,500 animals (if my memory serves me correctly). Each year over 6,500 people draw for 20 chances to harvest elk of this herd.

I am a couple hundred miles from the herd so the find of an elk shed in THESE parts is just not going to happen. So that makes you-all's gift to me all the more special. As soon as I get it mounted in the den, I'll take a photo and share it will everyone.

Again, thanks so much. Just think! Linda went to Canada and I got a LOT more than just a tee-shirt--thanks to special friends!!

Blessin's to you and yours,

aj

good tips mike,several years back i read a story in the paper over a turf war of sorts,two guys got into a fight over who got to pick over parking lots of clubs and restaurants in an area near downtown dallas.

the would find dollar bills,wallets etc. on the parking lots in the wee hours before sun up.thought of doing it myself.:).

If I find another, I will get it down to you and then you and Scott can have another battle :lol:

fair winds

mikie

n/t