Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to help increase your finds. :) Not one of my stories in the usual sense, but I felt it would go in here.

Micheal_R

Staff member
Most of us on the forum gravitated to this site through our metal detecting activities. We started out searching for the detecting aspects, and wound up on Royals forum because of the family and friends atmosphere that we have found here. There is not one, not one, person on this site that I have not come to rely on and call my friend. Where else on any site, could you find that family feeling?

Now

my Father had a 3 hook grappling,(which i still have) My younger brother and i would drag it under a bridge,across the cove,when we lived on Riverview St. We used to pick up Bicycles,and if they were "fresh",we would strip,and paint them up. The older kids were known to steal them and throw them off the bridge. Most were junk,having been rotting from the salt water. I remember when my Dad dropped a brand new roll of rope,off the deck,while setting trawls with his lobster boat,between Kernwood Bridge,and the Railroad bridge. We dragged for a few hours,but i don't think we ever hooked it.He weren't too thrilled at the time,the rope may have cost him $50 at the time.Late 50's,that was alot to loose! Thanks for the memory!

n/t

and makes a killing doing it. Coins and jewellry galore. Who'd of thunk it ?? And I can't get over the coins you showed from one day of scooping at the lake. That's amazing ! Went out with Jim and Mike for a couple of hours on Sunday with the chest waders in the Detroit river. Just snooping around......looking for old debris. Likely do the same this weekend. If we do land in an active area, who knows what goodies lie beneath (with the early history around here) ? Anyways Mikey, I really enjoyed that post. A nice change from the things we usually do.:thumbup:

n/t

car instead of just the muffler! Right now though, all I'm interested in finding is my way from Kelowna to your place, and I will, ... Soon! I can't wait as a matter of fact!! Two weeks seems like eons away! :)

Is the scoop very heavy? JohnBoy and Lil Brother use a scoop while they are detecting around the beaches. I'm beginning to think my dectecting talents are about as good as my musical talent which is NADA! :lol:

n/t

n/t

when dragging it along side of a fishing dock. Like yours, you tie a rope to it and lower it to the bottom.

[attachment 52367 magnet.jpg]

There is an old man that I know that will walk along a border fence for a mall or strip shopping center looking for paper money that blows up against the fence. Once is awhile, he will find some paper money. I have never tried this myself.

Mike, I really did enjoy your story...it gives someone some good ideas. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

There is a place in upper Michigan, Charlievoix. They push all the snow from the parking lots in one area off a breakwall into Round Lake. There is usually a big pile of snow there and I have found coins in the pile. I have dove where they shove the snow and found coins.

I bought one of those sea scooters, after you told me about yours but have not used it much as of yet. I have tested it and it sure moves the sand. I hope to use it at the Depot beach on Lake Charlevoix this spring. There is plenty to be found there.

That set up with the magnets sure works great but it a hell of a lot of work. Willy liked to have drown me and me being the nice guy I am and him being a stranger, I did not retaliate. I will next time :D

Interesting post buddy and I am sorry I did not reply sooner. I thought I had. My bad

n/t

n/t

n/t

I found the aluminum plate my buddy gave me for the front of mine. Hopefully you and I can grt it mounted and test drive it. See you soon, Bud.