Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HOW TO DEAL WITH INTRUSIVE HUNTERS

I've had this happen to me ,but I've had them come up to me and tell me this is they're beach and I should not hunt here. So I tell them that I been huntting for over 30 years so don't tell me this is your baech. If they keep saying that I should go away I do ,then I come back later and seed the baech with lots of junk. After a bit he will get the message !!

[size=large]ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? You mean to tell me people actually TRY to pull that CRAP???!!! Oh hell no! I didn't just come back from a war to have my own fellow AMERICANS try to fight me for the sand in our OWN Country!! lol I hope and pray I NEVER come across THOSE types![/size] :usaflag:

I get the same problem here in OZ, most of them walk past within feet and don't even say hello when you greet them. So I do most of the beach work at night and grid 300 meter sections parallal to the water. When I do detect daytime on the beach, I'd do my section and then go over theirs when they leave and usually clean up. NO ONE GETS IT ALL! There are a few nice operators, though not many. Lifes too short to let it worry you, the problems theirs not yours. just enjoy what you do and let it go. HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

I still like the way someone did it last year and posted it to read,Start by going over there holes and pull out good finds like thay missed em,by having a find in your hand and act like you pulled it from there holes, start small then bring the Bling, most get mad and leave,,you sit there laughing at them.....

Ive never really payed attention to anyone getting "in front of me" theres plenty of beach. Whenever i cross someones detecting line, i normally walk really fast, sometimes swing the detector a lil bit, but dont dig targets unless it sounds good on the excal. Normally though i just go more towards the water, or deeper water. Same thing as when i think i see a couple drunks on the beach, just go out deeper to avoid conflict.

Hi guys,

I cant believe the amount of competition you guys have to put up with over there in the states.
I've been dirt detecting, parks and playgrounds mainly, for 15 mths or so and water detecting since December and I have never, not once even, seen another operator working. And I detect a lot!

I've had a few people who own detectors, land machines only, stop and chat while they're out walking but thats it.

I think I'd have a nervous breakdown if I had to put up with the crap you guys have to deal with.

Lou.

The competition at Surfers Paradise is pretty intense at times Lou, I've had 6 or more working within 300 meters of each other. I've never seen anyone in the surf except me though, and I do pretty good out of it. HH regards Nugget.:detecting:

G'day Nugget,

yeah, I believe it gets pretty intense up your way but I understand that this is more than made up for by the quality of your finds. Mega amounts of rich tourist from all corners of the globe and warm weather year round makes for happy hunting!

Whilst I appear to be finding plenty of gold and silver, most of it is cheap 9ct stuff and fairly light at that.
Still, the lack of competition amazes me. Not saying theres no one out there, I found some very recent holes under Frankston pier over Christmas, its just that I never actually see anybody.

Don't want to appear to be unsociable but I prefer it this way, more goodies for me!

Lou.

:ausflag: hi all..... spot on nugget looking forward to us meeting up,i think it will stir up some of these pirates even more.:detecting: