Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How rare is this bottle/I can't find any info on a beer bottle.

Soda Bottle Mania

So recently I found this The Vincent Co. 1 pint bottle and I'm wondering what it's worth. On the top, it reads "Coca-Cola bottling works Auburn, ME." Unfortunately, part of the neck was broken off when I found it. I heard somewhere that it was maybe a "rare" size but all and all don't really know much about it.

Then on the bottom of the other bottle, Lawrance & Co., Lewiston, ME. is embossed. I know this is not really old at all, maybe 50s? But it has puzzled me because I have not been able to find anything about this bottle online.

Anyway, maybe some of you can give me some info on these. Thanks!
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003 1.JPG

For the clear bottle did some searching and found this: https://www.angelfire.com/zine2/thesodafizz/2002Dec-KathysCorner.html
In particular, look at the part that says:
"In 1913, Sabin retired and Zephirin became the company's head. Under his leadership, the Vincent Company landed a major account, the rights to bottle Coca-Cola, around 1917. Soon thereafter, they became the agents for Moxie as well.
With both Coca-Cola and Moxie, as well as Orange Crush, Nu-Icy and a full line of their own Vincent Beverages, it was hard to go wrong, and Zephirin didn't. He constructed a brand new state-of-the-art plant where South Main, Mill and Pulsifer Streets meet in the year 1927.
Zephirin died unexpectedly on Christmas Eve in 1931. Now it was Louie's turn to run the company, and considering the changing economies of bottling, he did well.
Ninety-year-old Val Tardif, who remembers the happenings around Auburn, recalls one mistake that Louie did make in the late 30s when a representative from Coca-Cola headquarters offered him $20,000 to buy back the area's rights to bottle Coca-Cola. As Val recounts, Louie thought it was no great loss because "you can't give Coca-Cola away in the winter."

If the article is accurate, that would date it between 1917 and late 1930's when Vincent's Beverages was the region's Coca-Cola bottler. I did not find references I thought would be useful for a good value estimate.

Auburn, ME is right across the Androscoggin river from Lewiston.

Last edited:
For the brown bottle, I found this:
""Federal Law Forbids Sale or Reuse of this Bottle" Marking The " Federal Law Forbids Sale or Reuse of this Bottle " phrase was required on all liquor bottles sold within the United States that were made between 1935 and 1964. However, some bottles that date up to the early 1970s have also been seen with this warning embossed on them."

I found some labels for Lawrance & Co. bottles that dated to the 1940's and found some rectangular liquor bottles with their name from the 1940's, but not one like yours that has a beer bottle shape.