Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Horse trading and stuff............

And I know you must miss him terribly. I have somehow been nominated to be the "horse trader" in my family.I remember a few years ago my parents were looking at some furniture in a fancy upscale over priced furniture store.Dad got sick with the flu and mom never drove so he signed a check and sent me to make the purchase.When we arrived at the store mom took me straight to the living room set they had already picked out.In no time a salesman was at our side explaining how wonderful the quality of the set was.I looked it over and told him I had seen better.He didn't know how to respond to that-then I offered him $500.00 less than it was priced and told him that we were going to buy a set that day and that was what I was willing to pay and he could take it or leave it and we could buy a set down the street.......My poor mother was horrified and embarrassed and made tracks away from me as fast as she could.

The salesman got all flustered and indignant and informed me that they were a prominent business and not a flea market.I told him that was fine but would still not pay a dime more than I had offered and if couldn't sell it for that -that was fine too.At about that time the store manager came by to see what the problem was....I told him exactly what I had told the salesman and told him what I would pay in cash for the set-or I could take my business elsewhere.I will never forget the look on my mothers face when the manager told the salesman to sell it to me-at my price.

Sorry for the long response Wayne,but your story triggered a memory I had nearly forgotten

It seems our mothers were cut from the same cloth. Mom would never haggle and got downright embarrassed. I also had to step in when it was car buying time or other big item, Dad was often away with the military and would give me a heads up when Mom got into spending money.:lol:
Thanks Dan!

Yup, been doin' just fine. I'm just outta good material to write about. You know how it is. It ebbs and flows.

Linda is doing about the same. We're all still prayin' for a cure or at least something to mask her ever-present pain.

Tom is disconnected from the internet for now.

But...we are all well for the most part. I have switched from the fishin' mode to the huntin' mode and hope to do the best I can on these few acres here on the home front. I just can't justify paying big bucks for hunting real trophy animals. I suppose if I had the money to spare I would think a little differently.

So, I'd be satisfied with a nicely racked whitetail. It would be nice to break the county record for bow kills (140). Nevertheless, I will have fun during the pursuit.

Hope you and yours are well.

aj

and mostly the realm of very rich people, too much pressure and too little enjoyment of the experience. I had numerous clients who settled for much less and just enjoyed the hunt.
The few who focused strictly on a specific animal were driven people and had much less fun. Those that enjoyed the hunt like us and got lucky with just a good trophy were great to work with:)
Because we know what chronic pain is, our sincere sympathy to Linda!

n/t