Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Horse trading and stuff............

Wayne in BC

I want some beer grumbled Ken,
Me....you shoulda said sumpthin before we left town, now we are too far out.
Ken....hmmpf!

40 miles from a one horse town and we finally find the horse ranch i was aiming for on a dead end road that took us 5 miles off the correction line. That couple hours was typical when brother Ken and i lit out together on a mission, usually sounding like......
Ken.... keep er on the road ya dork!
Me.... hey! I taught you to drive!
Ken.... Nah, you just bothered me while i was learnin to do it right, lemme drive!
Me.... No way!
Ken....them two girls in that town, we goin back that way?
Me.....Maybe.......wonder if they like horses?
Ken.....I don't like yours much.
Me......Huh?
Ken.....The brunette.
Me.....The blonde was smiling at ME!
Ken....nope, she was laughing at you!
Me.....azzhole!

The place was well kept and as attractive as a Ranch in the middle of the bald prairie can be. White painted rocks along the driveway, a Caragana hedgerow that was taller than any trees within 50 miles, a couple old cream cans sat by the gate, must have been cream truck day.
The usual heinz 57 mutt came barking with his tail wagging as we pulled in. The corrals held several horses, all clean and groomed, and the buildings were neatly painted. I stepped out, ignoring Ken's warning about the dog, we both knew dogs and he was just jerking my chain.
A lady strolled out from the barn to meet me and said......dog likes you huh? Don't let it go to yer head, he likes everybody. Ken started laughing......

This old Cowgal (probably about the age i am now:biggrin:) was kinda hard to figure, she kept a straight face and i was being real polite. We introduced ourselves, referring to the phone conversation about a Quarter Horse mare she had for sale, uh huh she said, over here in this corral.
We put the mare through her paces while checking teeth, feet, and conformation. She looked good and now i was down to "fencing" a bit about the price when the mare backed up to the fence and gave it a rub.
Suddenly Kenny yells from across the corral......buy her Red! She's stumpbroke!
Well, as the "Cain and Abel" thing flashed into my mind, the old gal turned away suddenly and i thought all was lost until i saw her shoulders shaking
Kenny had a way about him, rest his soul, he could get away with danged near anything with wimmens! ( sorta like Royal) I bought a couple more ponies from the ol' Cowgal over the years, she always asked with a grin, how's yur brother doin?

The Quarter Horse is very popular because of their quiet disposition. I enjoyed your story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

You writ it good old buddy. I can see it happening. I never knew Ken but you have told me enough that I can see him doing that.

Did you use that previous training to your benifit? Did Ken?:rofl:

I think Ken and I would have gotten along just fine:cool:

it was haggling for cars. Mostly Muscle cars. I written way back how i used to go to a couple of huge Auto Swap Meets, in New Jersey, and Carlisle Pa. spring and fall. A guy named Rusty,worked for my brother as a bodyman,used to attend with us. Problem was,his mouth. If we were looking at a car to purchase,and Rusty was with us,he would comment out loud, like "Wow,this is cherry!" or "No Rust!' We didn't wnat that,we wanted to pick the car apart alittle,"priming the owner" so we could haggel on the price. It took years of threatening Rusty with a beating,if he didn't keep his mouth shut,while were trying to make a deal. He cost us money! :blink: He just didn't get it! But it was alot of fun,so was Rusty..we had a lot of laughs with him. Thanks for the memories...

And the old lady sounded like a true character.. :)

Thanks for the story

Calm seas

Mikie

and he was telling me he wants to name is clam scow boat.. Sea my Johnson. One could sure play with that name.... Geo

and said he started laughing. He had found a name for his boat. Your right, strictly one the Medicare crowd would get...that would be me....

I bet the shell fish cops here pull along side of him a just for the fun of it....

Geo

n/t

...and you seem to be very rich in them!

I really enjoyed that little jaunt down the road. Sounds like me and Tom at any given time!

Thanks for the grin, buddy. Your story is special to me too. Thanks for takin' the time to share with us.

aj

between the both of them while they are going back and forth at each other gives me whip lash! I enjoyed your story, Wayner. I think your brother was smilin' down on you as you wrote it. Thanks for sharing some memories of the two of you together with us. And oh yeah,.........by the way.........I might have to talk to you about all this rattlin' around about us wimmens! :biggrin: