Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hookah question- what is the cheapest 12 volt model you know of that will take 1 man 10'

Mate, thanks for the info.
Sounds like a great dive. And profitable too!
More questions come to mind.
Do you have any slack water in this area? In the Rip we get half an hour during the tide change.
Sinkers are in close to seawall, so they are from land based fishos? In that case they would be very close, would have to toss sinkers in by hand being to heavy to cast?
This area is freshwater eh?
Great stuff!
Cheers Lou.

Freshwater. Fishing line used is 25lb - 50lb. If the sinker breaks off on cast they go far!! Usually around 20 - 80' from the seawall. No slack tide. This is where Lake Huron dumps int the St. Clair River. Waterway is ALWAYS fast!! They toss them with the pole. These are VERY stiff fishing poles with great Penn reels. I find a few of them also and get between 30 - 50.00 each when I come up with one. I don't even have to clean it up!!
And yes they are cast from shore.

with someone that already has a hookah...or maybe rent one. Then there's always tanks once you're certified.

Diving at 10-15 feet with a standard 80, if you relax, that tank will last a good while, bud. If I were you, I'd be on the lookout for a used aluminum tank and all accessories--except the regulator. I'd recommend buying a new regulator.

By the way, when certifying, most dive shops will rent the necessary equipment to get you through the course.

If, by chance, you just can't get in the water at this time, go where you CAN go and have a blast. Set some goals for saving and the first thing you know, you'll be in the water...safely!!!

You're gonna do just great!

aj

Looks like the fuses were paint blue.... That means they are training fuses to use in practice hand gernades as treasurefiend stated above. Used them in the Army

Yes, as stated above, training fuses still go BANG!

A childhood friend of mine mangled his own hand with a practice grenade found where military training exercises had been conducted.

Practice grenades may have large hole in bottom of shell for escaping gas from the small explosion.
The shell remains intact after use.

I'm no expert, but they are a very good thing NOT to mess with!

rmptr