Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Honest V3 depth on coins please.

klopek

Can anyone give me some honest unexaggerated actual coin deprhs. I want see if this will find those deep coins like a minelab SE can. i have found several deep dimes at 9.5 to 10.0 deep that sounded like they could have been another three inches and i would have still found them. I use to use a DFX but after hunting side by side with SE users I had to switch. I rarely found targets outside of five inches with my dfx probably six being the deepest. I know about settings etc on the dfx Had it for three years. So are you guys especially the ones that came off a DFX finding considerably deeper coins over the DFX? Thanks everyone that can give me some honest answers.

I can tell you I'M getting 8+ Inches at my parks, with the stock program, I got a nickle at 10'' at the beach, but that's with my type of Ground and hunting style and not yours. I'M a jewelry hunter so I'M not after monster Depth. I suggest Buy/Rent/loan the V3 and hunt with it under your hunting style and Ground condition's, to see if you can get your 9.5 -10.0 depth

With all the feedback over the last 3 weeks it's a deep seeker.

stan1234 said:
I can tell you I'M getting 8+ Inches at my parks, with the stock program, I got a nickle at 10'' at the beach, but that's with my type of Ground and hunting style and not yours. I'M a jewelry hunter so I'M not after monster Depth. I suggest Buy/Rent/loan the V3 and hunt with it under your hunting style and Ground condition's, to see if you can get your 9.5 -10.0 depth

With all the feedback over the last 3 weeks it's a deep seeker.

That was some great advise there. People saying that they aren't getting depth with the DFX makes me scratch my head a bit. Depth from 8" to 10" hasn't been a problem for me in my ground. (I don't doubt that it is an issue in plenty of soil conditions but I have never ran across it here in the Northwestern U.S.) The targets seldom have a slam dunk VDI response but...there is plenty of pattern to let me see it is a coin like object. Past that though, it is rare to get really solid info. Good luck.

That is some tough soil a ace 250 will hit 6 inches with stock coil,Mxt here will get 7, 8,9 sometimes 10 on coins little deeper on things the size of hot wheel. GND reading on mxt soil 60s to 89.

ok. I am not sure my ground is all that bad. i live basically in Houston Tx. I know there are people out there that can find deeper coins than me with the same detecter. I was just wondering if the people that can get the 8,9 and 10 " coins. Are those signals solid unmistakeable or is it a hunch and dig hoping. I hear about people getting coins at nine inches with a DFX but I never have. now that I use a SE it seems like every target I dig wears me out for how deep it is. consistent 6 7 8 9 inch holes. It suprises me every time because the signal was loud and strong . not a faint whisper like everyone kept telling me to listen for with the DFX. I know I keep referring to the DFX but that is what i just quite using. I was kinda scared to get the V3 when I had heard to expect the same depth as a DFX out of it. If it really can get those deep coins like an SE I will go back to good ole Whites. Look at the video of me digging this merc at roughly 9- 9.5 inches. this was my second time out with this detector. My first silver with the SE ok sorry to get off track in this thread. I just really like the whites line and was hoping to maybe hear some good reports so I can decide on wether to get one. I hope someone around me gets one so I can see it first hand in the field.

I have herd that a lot about the dfx but not the xlt but i agree on one thing the explorer or minelab forum almost always has the oldest coins and items out of all of the forum,don't know if it the machine or the style of hunting the machine causes you to do.I understand what you are saying about the v3 its new so i like to look at the post to see the result but most of this forum so far is exchange of information there is only about three or four people posting results,I know there is a few machines out there and a few weekends have gone by just thought i would see more post with results.Even if it is not great finds just posting the depth the site just general information always helps.Exchange of information on a new machine is good idea but it seems like nobody is out in the field it seems it more like everyone is at home trying some kind of air test or nail trick it was made to go and hunt and enjoy yourselves this is what metal detecting is about.So i try and read some of the post and gain information to make a better decision on a purchase.

Has me scratching my head as well.

I've owned both the Minelab SE and the DFX. After side by side hunting I sold the SE. I consistently get coins at 9-10" here in southwest Kansas with my DFX. I got good depth as well with my SE, roughly the same 9-10" I get with my DFX, but I had to hunt at a snails pace, compared to the DFX, and my back hurt after several hours with the SE.

The big kicker was a lack of gold finds with the SE. I see many posts on forums about find deep silver with the Explorer's but you don't see much gold being found. I tested all my Minelabs(SE, Sovereign GT and X-Terra 70) and all had issues finding small gold. Here in Kansas old coins aren't that abundant, so finding that gold is a real plus.

I can hit a buried dime at 8" and quarter at 12" fairly easily without Tx Boost on.

Well I owned a DFX for several years and although made some nice finds with it, I never found a coin greater than 6 inches. I ultimately sold it and am doing better with my MXT although I believe I'm going to trade it in for the V3.

Brett - Are you using the turn on and go program or a custom program to hit the 8" and 12" respectively?

Thanks!

I truthfully feel the reason you aren't seeing many "I got a X at XX"" with the V is because all of us have been working more on learning the machine ( especially due to no owners manual until a few days ago) and not on powered up chest pounding. I know you guy's can understand the focus it takes to learn a new machine without any reference manual. This site primarily focus's on techniques and operating questions because of this.

Yes. I can appreciate the questions about depth compared to this or that because before I bought mine I wanted to know that too. I just got back from the beach and per the machine and my eyeball (i don't carry a ruler) I had a nickel in wet sand today at 12" with the salty program and the TX boost on with the stock D2 coil. But, that was today with the conditions I was hunting under ....... tomorrow could be different as your results will be too. As a past DFX user, I can say without reservations I am getting more solid hits deeper than I did with the DFX. I have never used a Minnlab so I cannot make any kind of comparison at all between those and V's.

I haven't found any gold jewelry on the beach (our beaches are worked very hard by the MD community and this was my 3rd trip down there with the V) as yet but my yard test showed me if it is there I feel confident the machine will scream it out. I have been digging everything to mentally verify the image to the target type and am starting to get a grip on this. I am sure when the manuals are mailed out and when Jeff Foster does his book on the V there will be tons of posts like you are looking for.

All we can do is give our opinions about the machine at this time and the level of competence we are currently at without a reference manual to guide us through the learning cure. Don't get me wrong this machine is extremely user friendly thankfully and transitioning from a DFX to this has helped but this isn't a beefed up DFX it's it's own machine and it has it's own terminology and ways of getting things done which is very different for a DFX. Hope this may of eased some frustration's and cleared up why the topic focus is more on the subjects of: how, where, and why. You can rest assured the chest pounding posts will be just around the corner :)

Jim - This is one of the best posts I've seen on the V3 so far. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

JimDE said:
I haven't found any gold jewelry on the beach (our beaches are worked very hard by the MD community and this was my 3rd trip down there with the V) as yet but my yard test showed me if it is there I feel confident the machine will scream it out. I have been digging everything to mentally verify the image to the target type and am starting to get a grip on this. I am sure when the manuals are mailed out and when Jeff Foster does his book on the V there will be tons of posts like you are looking for.

Hi Jim,
what beaches you hunting?
Randy

Randy, The "swimming beaches" In Lewes, CHSP, and IRI. Yeah I know: not the best of spots to hunt! Hey Lewes gave me 19 pull-tabs to practice on in 40 minutes ... I knew they were pull-tabs but dug them anyway to help stop cut bare feet. I have no idea what some people are thinking when they throw potentially sharp objects in the sand where kids play barefooted.

David I humbly thank you for the comment but in truth the best posts for this forum are those coming from Bob, Carl, Steve, Greg, ak 1234, and all the others who have long been exposed to this machine or were involved with it's development and production. These guy's are to be praised for their unselfish efforts to inform and assist those of us who are just getting our hands on the V3. Without their efforts our learning curves would of been a lot longer and far more frustrating. These guy's are great and are here for us everyday to assist us ...... in many way's they are better than any owner's manual could be. IMO the action of these guy's are just the icing on the cake for me to stay with White's through the long haul. You just can't buy service like this nor people this committed to helping. Heck, when I still worked when I left the building I didn't even want to think about anything about work when away from there...... these guys are committed and I really appreciate them and their post's.

These guy's did a very similar thing with the TDI introduction and continue to assist owners with the complete White's product line on this and other forums. :thumbup::thumbup::clap: