Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here's one that I run across that I had posted a few years ago. Some may not have read it :D

Royal

Fishing with Goldfish

Back when I was young and foolish, I liked ice fishing. I really did. I never had much fun ice fishing but I guess I just figured it was the thing to do during our long Michigan winter. I could not afford a shotgun for hunting and I didn

Long is good because all the little details make a day into a story worth telling. I liked it! Thanks Royal:clap::clap:

With this story! Never did any ice fishing but did spend many a night camped out with my buds on the creek trying to catch a channel cat....I remember those midnight runs for firewood and toasted balogna sandwiches.....I don't remember reading this before.....Thanks!

n/t

takes me back. When I was a kid I worked for my Uncle well drilling. We had a heater called a salamander, which burned fuel oil. We would take the balogna sandwitches and just lay them on the heater and toast them. Many times we would be out there in a dang blizzard, hunkered behind a canvas windbreak and toasting the sandwitchs, keeping the rig a pounding down the pipe.

I have not had one in years!!

we didn't have anything like snowmobile suits back then. I never was much of a hat wearer, until I started growing a lot of skin up there :lmfao:

We used to do that cept we were fishin for perch in the setback on lake Morey. Sometimes, there'd be as many as a dozen shanties out there, from the simple ones to the real delux stuff. One guy even had a portable TV in his. Thanks for the trip back to simpler times!

Dave

It is like a city out there with many shantys and the lake is covered with cars and trucks. It is a big deal for people all over Michigan.

I used to really look forward to ice fishing but the thought of it does not appeal to me any more. Too dang cold. You spend a lot of time setting , freexing, looking at a hole of water. If you get into a school that are biting it is fun but much time is spent just freezing and staring. Now with a shanty it could be interesting, especially if you had a huge hole like we always did. It was like looking in an aquarium.

What else can we expect when we were thirteen yrs old.:lol: All that way back and forth in the cold too. Hey....We'd do it all over again except our shanty would be a warm motel room. Boy,...the things we could tolerate when we were young.:lol: Love reading these stories Royal !

a way to relieve men from being cooped up in the house with the wife in those long northern winters and a way to get out with the boys and do a little drinking and shoot the breeze.

n/t

n/t

I reckon the fishing story was fine, but the recount of the muskrat was hilarious. I could just imagine THAT situation!

You tell 'um the best!

aj

n/t