Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HELP! Spectra V3 vs. F-75 vs. E-Trac

Pancakes

I know this topic has been covered more then if the Eagles should trade McNabb...but I am looking for a little insight. I have an Excal II that I use at the beach (have to send it back to Minelab, it's acting up). I am looking to purchase a new machine for land hunting and also some light beach hunting.

I have had experience using a DFX (borrowed from my brother), so I am familiar with some White's products. I am looking for some opinions on the above machines if anyone can shed some light. A lot of the posts I searched were from over a year ago. Please be honest, I am not interested in people bashing one machine over the other, I am sure they all have their merits. If possible, can responders please address if they have either good or bad experiences with the V3 on New Jersey beaches...

Thanks in advance your all of your help...

Cakes

Land and beach... E-TRAC, easy to learn and works well. Or you could get a SovereignGT since you're already used to it.

J

We tend to shy away from comparisons on this forum because this is the V3 forum. Most users here use the V3 although some use the others also, so you can imagine the answers would be biased and bottomless. You might do better with posting on a neutral forum like the Metal Detecting forum. The bottom line is all three are top of the line machines and they all do what they are supposed to do. Pick one and learn it well and you will be rewarded with nice finds.

Larry (IL) said:
We tend to shy away from comparisons on this forum because this is the V3 forum. Most users here use the V3 although some use the others also, so you can imagine the answers would be biased and bottomless. You might do better with posting on a neutral forum like the Metal Detecting forum. The bottom line is all three are top of the line machines and they all do what they are supposed to do. Pick one and learn it well and you will be rewarded with nice finds.

Couldnt have said it better myself!

Larry -

My apologies, I didn't realize the etiquette, I am a newbie.

However I am leaning toward the V3, as I really liked my brothers DFX. Can some of the members share their experiences with the V3 on the beaches?

No apologies necessary. Try using the search feature, there have been some very good posts on beach hunting with the V3 or maybe some of the beach hunters can get Cakes pointed in the right direction. One thing comes to mind is the Conical coils seems to be the better choice like the 950.