Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones

chopperj

When I bought my v3i I also bought the wireless headphones.

The headphones are great. They work very well and are comfortable.

The problem is me. With headphones on, either wired or wireless, I can no longer hear what is going on around me. Call it paranoia if you wish, but with my background in law enforcement I have a real problem with losing situational awareness. I would love to hunt with the headphones on but I always wind up taking them off after a few minutes because I am not aware of what is going on around me.

Anyone else feel the same?

[size=large]NO[/size].

You could buy a set of wired one cup phones like the guys who need to hear snakes or you could mod the wireless to a one cup design. You could use a wired external speaker that clips to your shoulder like some of the Aussies use. You could also hunt with a big friend. :wiggle:

I was serious about the suggestions. Phones are needed.

OK, I thought you were insulting me. And from a moderator it really pizzed me off.

I lurk, and read, and try to learn, but I rarely post. That's why you don't know me. Many times these forums have clicks, and if you aren't one of them you get put down.

It equal opportunity on here Keep your guard up. LoL Naw its a great wealth of info on here with a lot of this and that, that some like and some dont but the click that answers most of the stuff you will soon learn the good ones . Rob,Larry , Magic and a few more are pretty on the money most of the time . They just get a lil sarcastic whith those who dont listen, how many ways can one be told the same thing? Watch and you will see what I mean. Yazoo

Rob made good suggestions, here is the link for the Rattler headphones: http://www.detectorpro.com/rattler.htm

Although you can get by without headphones, they are highly recommended for hearing the really deep targets that often are just a whisper.

Couldn't find the picture I wanted but a speaker like this uses a phone cord and jack and is pinned to our shirt just below your ear.

[attachment 251652 2012-12-11_184627.jpg]

:angel:

Here you go. see i was serious.

[attachment 251653 2012-12-11_190031.jpg]

I can't be bad at Christmas.

I often hunt with one headphone on and one off. I have a prior law enforcement background. There are to many scum bags on the planet. I get death threats half a dozen times a year from past criminal encounters.:thumbdown:

In my own yard I have had to deal with 500 pound charging black bears. It gets scary in the summer months at dusk because the bears really come out. I have sometimes had to resort to carrying my pistol in one hand and the detector in the other.

You could alter your head phone cushions to let more outside sound in. I made new cushions for these cheap head phones and cut the bottom off to hear my pinpointer better. I did it on my Killer B's too because they were too sound proof. It works.

And that's the reason that I use light weight, wired headphones, even though I also have the White's wireless for my V3i. I like the Koss KTX-1. They have a 6' cord with the 1/4" plug so you don't need an adapter.