Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have not sent my V3 in yet will wait till the rush is over but maybe Rob or Larry can answer one for me

Tinfoil

With the V3i for those of us that run the after market coils like I run the 6X8" SEF coil and I really love it. What coil selection do you guys use when you have the coils on your machine. I figure you would select the 6X10" coil or maybe the 10". :shrug: Have you guys used your V3i's with the 6X8 or the 10X12 SEF coils yet. I have not gotten the 10X12" coil yet. JW just has not got them in. I have to say I a fan of the SEF coils. Thanks in advance. Back to Lurking :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

I use both SEF coils and love em ,they run quieter and can go hotter.Was a big fan of the 10x14 ex.but the 10x12 seems to do lots better,and gets a little deeper in my ground.Now my 10x14 gets very little use.Yazoo

I don't have a SEF but Larry does. I know he says it handles the ground better. His is a 10x12. I know there is a limit how high he can run his RX. He will be around later. I'm doing well with my D2 and 6x10. I am waiting for my coil to be built. It is a SEF, 8x10, and v nulled. Rob

Jerry,

I had the chance to run both a "V" nulled 6x10 and the SEF 6x8 and IMO the 6x10 was in no way as good as the 6x8 SEF. I could run the 6x8 hotter and it would run smoother... and it is feather weight. I was absoultely impressed with it. Personally, I would like to know more about the larger SEF coils from you!

How do they compare in weight to the 5.3 and especially to the D2. I like the D2 a lot but with the balance of the V3 and the weight of the D2, it pushes my back to the limit after a while.
Thanks for the help.

Julien

I use the 10X12 most of the time. I don't know if it is really any better than the D2, probably not, I got in the habit of using it and it stays on the V. I have an old one that I used on the DFX so it is not V rated and I can't get the RX much over 7-8, but it still seems to work good enough for me. I believe the weight is about an ounce more than the D2 if I'm not mistaken. I would like to give the 6X8 a try and I really should give the D2 a good work out too.

Like I said I don't have the 10X12 yet but I run the 6X8 90% of the time. On my Safari and SE I run the 6X8 and 10X12" and that is it all the rest are in a box in the corner.

Whites replaced two of my D2 coils. Both will work in boost now, one will RX at 15 with boost on and the other one will only do about a RX of 8 with boost on but, neither wll overload. I have got to get out and try these new ones as I have only done the air Rx gain Boost test as I have been so busy.

Now my 6X8" will work with a RX Gain of 15 and I normally run it at a dis, of 90 and allmetal at 70. No overload just when I go to boost ON ,it will then overload. So far the 6X8 , deeper then the 5.3" losses about a 1" or 1/2" compaired to the 9.5 but seperates better then the 9.5". Runs even with the 6x10 with boost ON, but again seperates better then the 6x10 with or without boost on. The 6X8 is not V-nulled, but, who cares most of my V-nulled coils set in the corner in a box except my 5.3 which is excellent in trash and iron. My non V-nulled shooter coil does pretty good in the trash and iron but, wil overload.

I might get out and try the D2's again but they are heavy and false a lot even though they replaced both both. I sure wished I could trade one of those new D2 coils to whites for a V-nulled Shooter coil. What do you think????? :D: :D: . OK I am back to Lurking and am keepin my big mouth shut. Just would like the original questioned answered if anyone can tell me . Thanks again HH Later, :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

I pay little attention to the depth readings so I never messed with the coil settings. I always judge the depth with my DX-1 when I go to pinpoint, again by audio and not the readings.

Hey all, when your talking about 6x8 coil are you talking about a after market coil like a butterfly coil?

That's the one........ would love to try one of them myself.

Leave it set on the stock 10" D2 Tinfoil. The 10X12 SEF is essentially the same in performance as the D2, slightly better coverage if that is what you want and the SEF is slightly better in ground noise rejection and the SEF is heavier. It is nothing I would go out and spend money on to replace the D2. I use mine because I had it to use. If I were to buy a SEF for the V3i, it would be the 6X8 and I would not mess with the coil selection setting for that one either.

Tinfoil,I dont have the i version and may not get it. The programs used would work the same I would think. This is what I use with all my coils just changing recovery and disc or RX.Has been doing very well for me.Since I first set this up I have changed -95-94+95+94from tone 30 to tone 5 .I dont use it with correlate so I havent seen any wrap around on silver .I accept everything except about 5 #'s around what the ground phases at.I also moved a few of the nickle #'s up to the penny- dime tones it bounces around enough to get my attention faster. Good luck and I hope it serves you well if you use it. Yazoo