Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

gotta give a thumbs up to the f75ltd users

petew

Cause I can't figure this animal out.And I've owned a lot of different brands and models.But after 3 weeks I'm throwing in the towell. I'm gonna sell it or trade it,.I'm a coinshooter and like minelab,.

Hate to hear that! The F75 will hit deep targets even at very low sensitivity! It's an extremely sensitive machine. It seems to me that most of the trouble people have with the machine is running it too hot for the environment, and this detector will pick up the smallest bits of targets. Mine will pick up coins at 6 inches deep on zero sensitivity in BP mode. It's crazy, but sometimes turning a machine down will increase your finds dramatically! I had the original F75, and it was the same thing, run it stable, find lots of stuff. Some people could handle running it hot and poppy, and still pick out the repeatable signals, but I chose to run it stable, and did very well. It also has such a fast recovery, that you really hear all of the targets in the ground that other machines will null out and miss at faster sweep speeds. Well, good luck out there anyway. The Minelab may just fit your style better, and if it works for you, then that's, that :)

Yeah,I have a set of tdk wr700 wireless headphones hooked up to it and thought maybe they were giving it some emi. So I run the minelab headphones on it same wildness.then did a reset,7.6 came up,then LE...I f anyone could post a good consulting settings I'll try them.

7.6 is the program firmware version
LE means Limited Edition.
Try
PF
Discrim 15
Notch 40
4H tones
Sensitivity on 40

See how you like that.
If you want nickels you can notch 29-30 back in

nickles will sound off with high tone

A man has to do what a man has to do. But with only 3 weeks on the machine I think you are making a mistake. I would suggest you asking some questions on your post and see what kind of answers you get. I know I had a bad start with my first F75Ltd and then I got the hang of it and thought another machine I had would do as good. I sold my F75 and it was a bad year an half with out it. I don't think I would have went back to it but I got a deal on a standard F75 and got that and I was starting to think about my Ltd. Well I got rid of that standard F75 and was back with my beep and dig machines. Then another standard F75 came along and I bought it and actually hunted with this one and I was hooked again. I ordered a new Ltd and put the standard up for sale.

Now the Ltd seems like an extension to my arm.
If you are having problems just ask, there are a lot of guys out here willing to help, including me.

As one poster said trying to run to hot can really be a problem. The machine has a really fast recovery speed in DE mode so it is trying to tell you every item it sees in the ground as you sweep over them. You can slow things down a little bit and run it in BP (boost) better depth.

If you have only had your machine for 3 or 4 weeks you can get a upgrade for free that FT is offering. I would suggest doing that and kick back and work with your machine. It is winter and we have nothing else to do but get you ready for summer hunting season.

With the free upgrade your machine will sale better if decide you got to get rid of it.

Ron in WV

petew said:
Cause I can't figure this animal out.And I've owned a lot of different brands and models.But after 3 weeks I'm throwing in the towell. I'm gonna sell it or trade it,and since the monitors keep flagging my fs ,ft posts I might not be able to do it here.I'm a coinshooter and like minelab,if anyone's interested.

Ok will do.thanks for the advice.I'll 're read the manual again and try the settings above,and boost mode too,I like the lightness of the machine.I've owned a at pro,Garrett 2500,xterra, and a se pro.but this definitely has a bigger learning curve,all those other machines were learned in less than 5 hunts.not a master at them but enough to get them stable and make finds.I will day this,through all the chatter that is definitely my fault,this machine picked up my deepest coin,a merc at a measured 9 inches when I burried it.

Don't forget to check out the all metal mode in a low trash area for old coins, it's also deep.

Don't be afraid to turn the beast down. It will do an amazing job at low sensitivity. Since Fisher has quieted them down they are a beep and dig. Get a lock, repeat it from four sides, and dig something good. Let the marginal targets go until you get more used to it. Don't be afraid to take some coins out and throw them down and listen to them at depth. I think you can learn the F75 and come to love it.

Don

Good, now those settings above are okay, but not for somebody trying learn the machine. First thing is learn how to do a factory reset, which is push in the red button, push the toggle trigger forward hold those two and turn the machine on.

I would suggest doing that anytime after playing with notches.
For a new guy I would stay away from notches until you get some confidence in the machine.

Here is what I would suggest as settings,
Factory rest
Ground balance the machine
Disc at 55, you will get zincs, and forget nickels for now
Sensitivity leave at 60
Processor set on BP (boost), when running in BP it runs best if you hold the coil off the ground a little, like 1 or 2 inches.
Tones set to 1 or 1F, this setting here will be the one that settles the machine down.
Now you should be good to go hunting.

With these settings your machine is running pretty strong.
Ron in WV

petew said:
Ok will do.thanks for the advice.I'll 're read the manual again and try the settings above,and boost mode too,I like the lightness of the machine.I've owned a at pro,Garrett 2500,xterra, and a se pro.but this definitely has a bigger learning curve,all those other machines were learned in less than 5 hunts.not a master at them but enough to get them stable and make finds.I will day this,through all the chatter that is definitely my fault,this machine picked up my deepest coin,a merc at a measured 9 inches when I burried it.

That might work in WV soil but not here. petew , in 2 years I found 2 places I could run the 75ltd above the factory default sensitivty and was never able to run in BP , ever , even with sens. down in the 40's. I always had to start at 60 and go down , frequency shift is a placebo. It may just not like your dirt. Do others in your area use one? As they say about fishing, to catch fish , go where the fishermen are. If people in your area aren't using them , there may be a reason. My dirt is loaded with iron flakes and magnetite and falsing never stops above about 40 sensitivity--constant high tone signals and this was a factory replaced unit. I peddled it for the Deus and never looked back but would still like to have the 75 for totlot and relic hunting , just not trashy parks. With the upgrade ,I admit I might pick up another just to see if the new tones and operating features make it a more viable unit here---it's an ergonomic dream to swing.

hi petew i was reading some of your past posts and you bought this f75se used so its not the new upgraded version and if so your having normal emi problems and is also possible that you could have a bad coil witch will make emi worse like the other guys are saying try running the sense low and if your still having alot of chatter you should contact fisher sounds like the the upgrade there offering is well worth the money and might be your best choice would also help if you post what settings you are using and exactly what problems you are having good luck hh

Well,took wv62 settings and it was stable.then I pushed the sense up to 99,no problem. Changed the tones to 4h,still good.actually dug a penny in my yard that I've been over a lot in 2 years,lots of iron here hurried.I'm a happy camper,don't know what I was doing wrong but in bp at 99,no noise, I'm really happy.now,I have a question.I can't seem to get on the right side of the screen for the settings.why is there a sensitivity icon there too?I have one on the left and one on the right.and any suggestions on the threshold? I have good hearing so any suggestions?I was wondering which setting made coins deeper sound fainter,so I can judge depth,my air test all sound the same.I know I have a lot of questions and I do appreciate all the help from everyone already,thank you.

I usually post in the CTX3030 forum but Thursday I picked up a F75 as a backup for the CTX. Used the factory default settings, cranked sense to 80 and disc to about 15, then headed out. Never any issue with EMI, no problems with anything actually. Got plenty of clad, wheats, nickels and some silver. First coin dug was a nickel, registered a solid 30 with high tone. Then a few minutes later a 90-91 at 6" turned out to be a 44 Walker. A few minutes later a 77-78 was a Merc and a Rosie at 75-78 finished the day. I think I am going to like this as a backup to the CTX, especially for the really trashy lots so I can move a bit faster.

Hello all....I would like to insert my 2 cents if you don't mind.....my first Fisher was a CZ 70 pro and I loved it but I got the bug to have a display that
would give some kind of a read out, so I traded the CZ for a Xterra 70 and to be honest, I did like it, but it still was not the one I wanted....I thought
that I had to have an Etrac so I bought a new one and things went along real good for a couple of months and then my eyes opened up to the
fact that the Etrac was extremely slow in the world of recovery....I could stop and set the coil on the ground waiting on the display to catch up....
I sent it to Minelab for repair....they said that did not see anything wrong with it but they resoldiered all the soldier points just as a precaution...
That really worked well I thought, but what really helped is that they did a reset on the Etrac and it worked fairly fast for a while and then it all
started again...That is when I traded a Beach Hunter ID for a Fisher F75 SE...the response time was unbelievably fast, but the EMI was a little more
than I liked so I traded the Etrac and the Fisher for CTX 3030 and man I like everything about the CTX except the slow response (recovery)
I had the same problem with the CTX as I had with the Etrac....What is wrong with Minelab, can't they see that they have a problem....maybe
they should call Fisher and see what they are doing right...I traded the CTX to a friend for a Etrac and cash, so now I am still with the same problem...
I traded the Etrac for a Fisher F75 LTD, but I am a little smarter this time...In the bad spots I turn the Sen. down and turn the disc up a little and
eliminate the EMI problem and I am finding targets 10 inches deep and have eliminated the response time on the display....I am a happy hunter now.
So the moral to this story is, if you think by buying a Minelab you can fix all your problems, you are wrong, for you trade one problem for another.
At least, Fisher is trying to fix their problem with the upgrade to eliminate the EMI problem....with that done I feel that the F75 is the best detector
on the market...the only thing that I see wrong now is that my F75 Ltd missed the free upgrade by one month, but that is my luck...
Good Luck and Happy Hunting,
eek (Elton in Mobile)

Now you are cooking, something you done made a big difference. You didn't go into a lot of detail so I will take a guess and say that doing the factory reset cleared up some notch settings that the machine had saved.
Now if you were running the high disc setting of 55 I gave you there is no need to run tones, because all the other tones were disc out. So for me I will run the tones if I am running low disc.

I will try to explain how to get from the right side to the left side. First when you are running on the left that is the disc side and the right is all metal modes. Now when you are scrolling down with red button and you get to the bottom push the button one more time that will put you back at the top, so before it times out turn the knob one click and that will switch you from one side to the other.

I am pretty much a coin hunter so I never run on the all metal side. I can say for sure the threshold does not have any effect on the disc side, this is just for all metal, I would think the sensitivity on the all metal side would be the same but I am not sure.
Your question the tone that makes deep coins sound deep, I must say all of them. I don't run all the tone settings so I can't say for sure, but I can tell deep from shallow in the 1 tone, 1F, and 3 tones.

I would just like say that the F75 is a multi- function detector, there are different settings and modes to be used for different types of hunting. I would suggest reading about each mode of operation and see what fits for the type of hunting you will be doing. So for me I hunt coins most of the time and inland jewelry sometimes, so I stay on the disc side and make my settings to find those items. Others may hunt everything so they may use all the modes and settings from time to time.

Ron in WV

petew said:
Well,took wv62 settings and it was stable.then I pushed the sense up to 99,no problem. Changed the tones to 4h,still good.actually dug a penny in my yard that I've been over a lot in 2 years,lots of iron here hurried.I'm a happy camper,don't know what I was doing wrong but in bp at 99,no noise, I'm really happy.now,I have a question.I can't seem to get on the right side of the screen for the settings.why is there a sensitivity icon there too?I have one on the left and one on the right.and any suggestions on the threshold? I have good hearing so any suggestions?I was wondering which setting made coins deeper sound fainter,so I can judge depth,my air test all sound the same.I know I have a lot of questions and I do appreciate all the help from everyone already,thank you.

Forums are for detecting information, and usage of your detector .. Please read the forum rules.
One may only sell their detectors, and equipment in classifieds once the member reaches the required criteria per forum rules.

Thank you,

Elton

I am not selling this machine,I thought about it and at one time tried.but now that some people have helped me get it right I'm glad to own it.thanks to everyone