Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Got My New (to me) V3i Today!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself in this area of the forum. I have been busy in the Minelab area of this forum for just over a year now. I have never owned anything other than Minelabs but recently I decided it was time to try something outside of my comfort zone. I ended up trading one of my minelabs for a 3-month-old V3i from Bromly on this forum. I received it, and some wireless headphone that I got from JamesBondaka, in the mail today. I can't wait to get this machine out and give it a try. I have been busy reading a lot about this machine so hopefully I will understand what most things do when I get out.

I reset all programs to their stock settings and will go from there. Hopefully I will be posting some finds soon but the ground is still frozen here so I probably won't be getting out too soon. I appreciate any helps or tips.

Happy hunting everyone,

Marc

Welcome to the fun forum lol just kidding:laugh: You are going to love the machine! I don't know much about the mine labs my friend has a safari and he was impressed with the 3 frequencies and how high the vdi would reach and it helps alot on identifying targets. I'm new to the V3i as well but there are plenty of smart ones on here to help on any questions. Look forward to seeing some of your digs.
Happy hunting

WTG on the V3i welcome to the V forum:twodetecting::whites::thumbup:

Thanks guys for your warm welcome. The only thing I don't understand about this machine so far is, what is so difficult about it??? I have read so many posts about how complex this machine is, but after spending a few hours cruising through the menus, everything is very self-explanatory and very simple. Mind you, I haven't taken this machine beyond my test garden today, but everything seems to be located in a logical place and everything seems to be very straight-forward. I don't know if I feel this way because I generally pick things up quickly or if everything on this machine really is as easy as it seems (I hope that doesn't sound conceited). I very much look forward to taking the V3i beyond my test garden once this snow melts off, that's all I know right now. By the way, if any of you ever get the chance to deal with Bromly on this forum, he is a great guy and the deal between him and I could not have gone any better! He is a real stand-up guy and I could not be more pleased. Hopefully I get my new machine out soon so that I can post some videos and finds. Thank you for your replies and I look forward to expanding to the White's world.

Best Regards and Happy Hunting,

Marc

Welcome to the V3i Marc and to this Forum. I have been a long time user of Whites Detectors and I like you, found the V3I "not intimidating" at all. I previously owned the Eagle Spectrum, XLT and DFX detectors and they were all menu driven so my learning curve was pretty small. I will say though from my 'lurking' here on this site I have learned quite a bit more about setting the V3i for maximum performance. Sometimes that seems to be the key issue most new users encounter.

Best advise is to start using the stock programs you reset to and go for it. Once you have some field time under your belt you'll be good to go on making more advanced changes. My very good friend Doug who posts as "MAGIC" convinced me to buy the V3i and I'll never turn back.When you are ready try downloading 'MAGICS" program from this site or the Whites Forum. I now use that one almost exclusively, with only minor field changes in the Live Screen menu's.

The V3i is probably the most flexible detector on the market if your willing to learn everything it can do and it sounds like your on your way. Welcome aboard.

Welcome, I too am a new owner of a V3i and I would agree that it is not all that difficult to navigate through. The added bonus is the adjust-ability. It does help that we have at our disposal hundreds of pages of forum posts!!! Enjoy, Joel.

Marc,

Glad you like your headphones!

As for as the v3i.....I have minelab as well. The v3i isn't hard to use....maybe different but not any harder than any other detector BUT if you want to really learn it, tweak it and go deeper....it takes some time. The more you use it, the better you will be, like any detector. Just stick to the factory presets and hunt for awhile...once things get a bit more than second nature, then pursue researching and changing things. I have learned its......ALL ABOUT THE SOIL. What works well in one area or one place will not work as well at others, generally speaking! The more mineralization and/or clay/rock in the soil probably the worse it will be.

I have said it many times....I really like the analyzation screen of the v3i and really helps me pick out the good stuff from the trash. Lots less digging.
There are some subtle things about the analyzation but it takes time to learn. Its has served me well. I also think the v3i has a slight edge for being a bit hotter on gold.

Good luck to you!

I've been eye balling the v3i always like Whites. My Etrac may be coming up for sale or trading for a v3i. Congrats on your new to you v3i.