Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gonzales, Texas, the birthplace of Texas.................

i like the scenery there! Mountains are nice but highly overrated! I would much rather visit and see the history of your rural area than cities anytime:thumbup:

n/t

Sounds like that old lake has a swimmin' hole or two, as well.

Thanks for takin' us along on that ride. I enjoyed it and learned something, thanks to YOU!

aj

and everywhere around here that the dallas/ft.worth economy doesn't touch kind of drives up.when cotton went out a lot of the little towns that had their economies dependant on it dried up.here in northeast texas some depended on oil and gas.there are several big tree nurseries around the area but they work mostly mexicans.most young people move to the city.

van,texas has pump jacks all over town,you see a couple pumping now and then,they are all maintained well,i think most are UNOCAL.guess they are setting on some of the oil.the people there use to not have to pay school taxes because there is oil on the school property.

is greener on the other side of the fence. I often wish that I lived up in your neck of the woods where you can look for gold or you have the excitement of having large bears living in the wild. The one exception is I doubt if I would like the cold weather because I do like the hot weather in South Texas...you are seldom confined to your quarters with our weather down here. You folks live in a beautiful area! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Using a neighbors signal (I think) on the girls laptop......hope it holds out for a spell. Beautiful, older buildings in Gonzales. Specially like the idea of the refurbished movie theater......nice, nostalgic touch ! Glad to see you're enjoying the bike too. Snowing like the dickens here. :sad: