Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold ,silver ,and coal ? Check out these videos

Attachments

• VID_20240823_145210822_exported_0.jpg
    VID_20240823_145210822_exported_0.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 32
I found it above blue clay and in volcanic area but it's definitely not obsidian it burns and it contains some metal which is silver maybe and also had some gold in the pan as well

Hard to say but if it burns is maybe a lignite. Doubt there would be any silver or gold in it What state and city is it near?

Hmmm. Could be pitchblende.
Lottsa uranium in that stuff.
Don't breathe the smoke or dust.
Handling is okay. Just wash your hands and face after. And any clothes contaminated by dust.
Unless you put a chunk in your pocket and carry it around. It's safe to handle.
Just don't store around people.
Actually shouldn't do that with any rock.
Here's a few samples.
Pick up one of these. Know for sure.
Quite an impressive device. For the money.
Phone connects to app showing spectral range and ID of all radiation thru net connection.
Love it !!
Worth every penny.
Wish I had this back when I did a little prospecting for it.
Only some kind of Geiger counter can tell for sure.
Some decent ones cheaper on Amazon.
Though will not specifically ID what radioactive ore you have. Like the Radiocode.
P. S.
Big chunky specimens bring a pretty good penny.
Mostly found in the SW. And an eastern region.

Attachments

• uraninite-germany-saxony-erz-mountains-EBN0TG.jpg
    uraninite-germany-saxony-erz-mountains-EBN0TG.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 05913090015942978922173.jpg
    05913090015942978922173.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 01097630015939707033142.jpg
    01097630015939707033142.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 7
  • 02920390015476620509484.jpg
    02920390015476620509484.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 7
  • uranium-ore-pitchblende-with-uranophane-from-australia-isolated-on-white-background-T28TGX.jpg
    uranium-ore-pitchblende-with-uranophane-from-australia-isolated-on-white-background-T28TGX.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I said pitchblende doesn't burn. Said nothing about the chemical you posted which is not pitchblende. Pitchblende is also called uraninite. Sorry, it can not burn. Uranium powder mentioned in your post is NOT pitchblende. Uranium powder is made from pitchblende by crushing it, leaching it chemically and then precipitating out the product of that process that forms yellow cake. That is flammable in the fine powder form. But then it is no longer pitchblende. Pitchblende is mostly UO2 and UO3 where as yellow cake is U308. And no, I don't have this in my head, I had to use Google for the info. But I did stay at a holiday inn last night. :) It's all good. Sometimes I know enough to be dangerous. :)

When you say gold in the pan, is that just based on color or is it actually dense gold which settles in the bottom of the pan and tends not to move? It is not uncommon for pyrite to be in coal deposits. It may look like a metal but it’s actually a sulfide not an oxide. If you’ve done much panning you’ll notice stuff like pyrite tends to move much easier than gold in the pan.

Pyrite is very prevalent in coal deposits. It's the cause of acid mine drainage, not the coal itself.