Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Gold Hound Hot On Gold!!!!!!

bigchuckinva

I Revisited Civil War Camp Hunted Super Hard with Vista-X in which I made Lots Great Finds with my Vista-"X Lots Buttons, Bullets and Civil War Buckles Most where in over 12 inch Mark, As Any Site You Hunted Hard Each Trip You find Less . Having a New Gold Hound I decide It be a "Perfect' site to test it with Higher Feq and Hot Smaller Items. First few hours dug many super small pieces lead and broken backs off Eagle Cuff at Super Deep { Over 12-inch Mark} and next my old dug holes from past hunts.! Close to End Of My Hunting for the Day my Gold Hound Give a "Nice Soft Repeatable High Tones" all who experience hunting with DeepTech know It good target.! I Shocked to Super Small USA $1 Gold Coin Lay in Dirt, the depth was about 9 inch and when rechecked hole had a 'Low Tones' which dug out which half on nail. The Gold Hound since has proven to find super small buttons, Coin in many most hard hit site. Thanks Folks at DeepTech designing and make Best Metal Detectors

Attachments

• IMG_3507.JPG
    IMG_3507.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3508.JPG
    IMG_3508.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3515.JPG
    IMG_3515.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3511.JPG
    IMG_3511.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 57
Fantastic. Your skill & persistence play a key role too.

I Revisited Civil War Camp Hunted Super Hard with Vista-X in which I made Lots Great Finds with my Vista-"X Lots Buttons, Bullets and Civil War Buckles Most where in over 12 inch Mark, As Any Site You Hunted Hard Each Trip You find Less . Having a New Gold Hound I decide It be a "Perfect' site to test it with Higher Feq and Hot Smaller Items. First few hours dug many super small pieces lead and broken backs off Eagle Cuff at Super Deep { Over 12-inch Mark} and next my old dug holes from past hunts.! Close to End Of My Hunting for the Day my Gold Hound Give a "Nice Soft Repeatable High Tones" all who experience hunting with DeepTech know It good target.! I Shocked to Super Small USA $1 Gold Coin Lay in Dirt, the depth was about 9 inch and when rechecked hole had a 'Low Tones' which dug out which half on nail. The Gold Hound since has proven to find super small buttons, Coin in many most hard hit site. Thanks Folks at DeepTech designing and make Best Metal Detectors
What a terrific find, congratulations!
Tony NJ

Beautiful gold coin!! It appears maybe it was nicked by your shovel?

I’m sure it took alot of patience to keep hitting that site, but that is a very nice find.
I’d like to see a size comparison between it and say a dime.
Just curious… do you find many percussion caps in these sites?

I’m sure it took alot of patience to keep hitting that site, but that is a very nice find.
I’d like to see a size comparison between it and say a dime.
Just curious… do you find many percussion caps in these sites?
Slightly smaller than current USA Dime. Found few percussion caps not common in early war 1861 Camps, but lot super small brass parts to Knapsack

What a sweet find !!! A thing of beauty to see gold in brown dirt !!! You never expect to find a gold coin when hunting. A surprise of a lifetime.

Congrats on a beautiful coin !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)