Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fun gun

Yeah I just haven't brought myself to buy a PCP type rifle. They are nice! Expensive too!

Especially after you put a good piece of glass on top of it.

I don't get it. What's the point?
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not going to take an air rifle into battle.

That looks like a lot of fun . I’m a PCP air rifle guy so I get the fun of shooting targets with a airgun. Full auto😁 would bring a smile to my face no matter how hard I tried not to smile. Air rifles are fun for me because I can shoot them many places where a firearm is not as welcome or practical. Inside of a garage or a basement. Backstop requirements are easy to make and maintain. Outside the sound is lower due to not breaking the sound barrier. A tin of 500 .22 or .177 pellets can be found at $5 to $7 dollars if you want to shop around. Your prices will likely vary.
Initial investment in the equipment for a PCP air rifle can range from $200.00 and up to thousands of dollars depending upon how your budget looks. I did see a new advertisement for a bargain priced entry level pcp air rifle at $150. Hand pumps can be purchased for a reasonable cost $60 and up. Being an older a compressor is easier for seniors well past retirement.
Spring powered air rifle is a very reasonable option for having a fun time with target 🎯 practice.
My last air rifle was purchased used from a local dealer who’s primarily line is selling Metal Detecting equipment. Selling air rifles just because he likes them also. I fish also and have more fishing equipment than any person could ever need. 🤫 my wife knows about the hobbies best not to use my name to justify a habit with your better half. 🤔 take care have fun and enjoy yourself

Yup, FUN, quiet, $13/100 rounds and no class A license. A lot less expensive than MANY other hobbies or shooting sports and things like motor boats, muscle cars etc. It’s too bad people only think their thoughts on value are right. Everyone’s ideas what’s fun is different too. My father never wasted a penny and would never sit on a tailgate plinking at junk at a dump like we did. To each their own.

That looks like a lot of fun . I’m a PCP air rifle guy so I get the fun of shooting targets with a airgun. Full auto😁 would bring a smile to my face no matter how hard I tried not to smile. Air rifles are fun for me because I can shoot them many places where a firearm is not as welcome or practical. Inside of a garage or a basement. Backstop requirements are easy to make and maintain. Outside the sound is lower due to not breaking the sound barrier. A tin of 500 .22 or .177 pellets can be found at $5 to $7 dollars if you want to shop around. Your prices will likely vary.
Initial investment in the equipment for a PCP air rifle can range from $200.00 and up to thousands of dollars depending upon how your budget looks. I did see a new advertisement for a bargain priced entry level pcp air rifle at $150. Hand pumps can be purchased for a reasonable cost $60 and up. Being an older a compressor is easier for seniors well past retirement.
Spring powered air rifle is a very reasonable option for having a fun time with target 🎯 practice.
My last air rifle was purchased used from a local dealer who’s primarily line is selling Metal Detecting equipment. Selling air rifles just because he likes them also. I fish also and have more fishing equipment than any person could ever need. 🤫 my wife knows about the hobbies best not to use my name to justify a habit with your better half. 🤔 take care have fun and enjoy yourself
Love PCP.
Just getting into it the last year.
Just bought my first real air compressor.
Happy it will fill my tanks.
Fills the rifles in just minutes.
Now I'm looking for my first big bore.
357-58. Can't decide.
I like you can get moderators/silencer with out paperwork. And thru the mail for pcp.

Big bore is an interesting idea. I have looked at the regulated models that are capable of making multiple shots without refilling the air tank.
I guess it comes down to what you plan to doing with it will influence the caliber selection. I have been looking at .30 and .357/9 air power for small game. It has a margin for error and is not so damaging as a firearm on the harvest of game where legal. Also the fact of the larger diameter is easier for me to see and load up. Ohio allows squirrels to be harvested with air rifles and non game animals. Pests and the like. I’m not sure that anything else has been proposed at the yearly state game hearings on the subject of hunting regulations. I believe the interest is there just maybe a little bit slower to accept that it’s not the same air rifle us old guys grew up with many decades ago.
Interested in hearing about your thoughts and opinions on the subject.

My brother has used 5mm and I’ve used .22 pellets with good results but have been thinking about a .25. One thing that I have a problem with is I can buy .22 CBs for the same price as pellets, shoot them from a lighter long barreled rifle and they are accurate and quiet…
I have the Avenger in .25. Loving it.
Very accurate. Taken over a dozen nuisance coons this year. I like the slugs. And this bronze tip pellet.
Took all the coons with it and head shots.
Light weight. Yes the stock is plastic.
Though can be had in wood. To heavy.
I also have the .30 cal in the Gauntlet 30.
Awesome gun. I know it'll take deer with a clean head shot. My only issue. Mine liked .300 dia slugs.
The . 301 were hard to close the bolt.
So I removed the barrel and throated the chamber with a long reamer. Cleaned up the crown.
Both are tack drivers.
Watch videos on yotub.
The Avenger. Tuned from a yotub video.
Gets a little over 1000 fps.
You can hand pump the Avenger.
And the best for money spent.

Yes these pellets are expensive as pellets go.
But the penetration and expansion are worth it.
This is the expansion and penetration I got from this 25 Cal pellets.
I've always used water filled cans to test 22Lr and airguns. Keeps my tests consistent.
First can left. Second rt.
Pellet had already expanded before hitting it.
And kept rite on going. Blow rite thru a 2×4.

Attachments

• IMG_20220904_155828_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20220904_155828_hdr.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220904_155620_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20220904_155620_hdr.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
45 caliber semiauto hopefully my next purchase.
Will take 4 legged critters like deer. And bad two legged.
I believe legally in Ohio. 45 and up bore.
Or you can go for some Crazy power in .72 caliber.
And .58 caliber.
Fox airpower has a great selection of Big Bore rifles.

Bolt action. 58 caliber

Semi. 45.

72 caliber.