Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Full F70 field test and report starting tonight....

snh

Well after thinking about it...and the fact that I need an ID machine for aghgost town hunt Sunday...I went and picked up an F70 at Cabelas just now.
Before you think I am insane...Yes..Yes I am.....but that has nothing to do with it.
First off I am not keeping it. Cabelas has a lifetime no questions asked return policy...I can return it at any time in my whole life for a FULL refund and for any reason whatsoever. I told the customer service lady that before I bought it that it was going to come back without a doubt. She said that is fine.....she even said she had given a refund earlier to a person who returned a pair of shoes that were 4 years old...nothing worng with them....just returned them. As long as you have a receipt...full refund.
So, I need a detector for Sunday at a ghost town...I am waiting for Mr. Bill to send me another unit but that won't be here until next Friday...so I have no problem with buying this F70 ands returning it. I lost 45.00 bucks on the F5 as the only thing Cabelas won't refund is shipping and I apid for express overnight...so I will get my 45.00 back on Sunday.
Since Fisher never even bothered to try and make good on my F5 and my F75 and First texas plain screwed me on the T2....I will tear this machine apart from top to bottom. This thing will see the gates of hell Sunday...and anything and everything that isn't right will be revealed.
On the other hand...anything and everything that is goo about it will also be revealed...as I see it and since it is my money...I get to see it my way.
Actually I will be very fair....to be honest...I just needed an ID machine and I figure FT owes me plenty and here is a way to help me help myself.
Well...it is sitting here next to me and it is time to assemble and play.
So.....start posting questions about this now as this b1tch is going back within a week or two.
Ready.....go!!!!!

Hey snh, what if you really like the F70 then what will you do? I'm having problems now with my F2 that I just bought so i know how you feel. Good luck on your ghostown search!

I will still return it and buy one from Mr. Bill when dealers finally get them.
I just want to test it first..and I need something for Sunday and First texas owes me plenty.
scott

I have the manual. Just waiting for the detector and 6" elliptical to arrive. Until it does, could you tell me how your's responds (depth wise) to various US coins in airtests? I don't plan to use mine in the air. But it would be nice to know how high the sensitivity can be set without becoming unstable. Also, do you see any difference in depth or target separation using the two sweep speeds in the Autotune mode? Thanks. HH Randy

I wanted to get th meat of the manual scanned so people can read it. I turned mine on but I am sitting next to my wireless router so it is not a good place to test it.
Tomorrow is a better day.
scott

Well the manual seems well written at this point. Hopefully the machine works out, I'm thinking about getting one as well if the reports are positive. It's interesting that it uses a concentric elliptical coil.

Scott,
I bought a T2 when they first came out from Cabelas and it didnt work right so I read the sales slip and I had10 days for money back?
I think I could return it within 30 days?
Let me know wat your sales slip says.
Thanks Paul

You lost me with the "Fisher owes me big time so that makes it ok to jack around Cabelas" mentality.