Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found my First Ring with ACE 250. I'm Hooked!!

YellerFeller

I got my Ace 250 as a Christmas gift. This is my first detector. I have found it very easy to use, thanks to the tips on this forum. I have dug alot of pop tops in the last few days, but also found several dollars in clad. I found my first ring during my lunch break today. Found it a local park in a sand volleyball court. It rang up between foil and a nickel, in all metal mode. I learned today that it pays to dig all hits. Thanks again for the tips folks!

Woo hoo, that's what it takes to ge thooked. Wat to go. Does it have any makers mark or gold mark?

Great job!! I hit a sand VB court a few days ago and got one zinc cent! Man, you cleaned up!! I'm jealous! Keep it up!
:thumbup:

Hey YF,
Congrats on finding that wee beauty.
Boy it didn't take ya long to get your first one. (of course the first of many)
Yep dig it all, so you got the idea. Keep it up and you'll be a winner.
Have a good year.
:twodetecting:3 :beers:

The band is marked 14K. A gentleman I work with works part time as a jeweler, and said the center stone is a Topaz. The small stones are diamonds.

I gave up on the sand volleyball court around here. I spend an hour going over the whole thing and never find but a few coins.

you're now destined to wonder forever with detector in hand.

WTG nice ring, you'll remember that one!

hh steve

[quote khouse]Great job!! I hit a sand VB court a few days ago and got one zinc cent! Man, you cleaned up!! I'm jealous! Keep it up!
:thumbup:[/quote]

The last volleyball court I MD'ed I got some fake pirate coins and a bottle of bubbles. It came in as a topaz and diamond ring. It had foil under the cap.

Now that is one classy ring. Is it gold? The stone looks like one of my favorites - tourmaline. You done good. Are you now officially addicted? :)

Bill

My buddy and me were hunting one some time back and he found over seven dollars in one pile right where the server stood. Really pizzed me off. :rofl:

Bill

[quote YellerFeller]The band is marked 14K. A gentleman I work with works part time as a jeweler, and said the center stone is a Topaz. The small stones are diamonds.[/quote]

I'm not here to break bubbles or doubt anyone but................I have found plenty rings. Some as nice and great looking as yours. BUT....I have had them tested with a diamond tester to make sure. CZ's look great, a good jeweler can tell the difference. BUT.......without putting a diamond tester on it I don't take squat for "it's a diamond"...........

Even a 14k ring can have CZ's. The 925 ring I found just today has a fantastic stone in it with diamonds around. The stone is synthetic. The "diamonds"......CZ's. (I had a jeweler check it).....

We have a thing here on the forum. A ring is a ring is a ring. A marked ring is great. A no marked ring is called a Rosco Ring. A verified ring is bragging rights......

Hope yours is as good as you say when you get it tested. Let us know..........

[quote Rosco Bookbinder][quote YellerFeller]The band is marked 14K. A gentleman I work with works part time as a jeweler, and said the center stone is a Topaz. The small stones are diamonds.[/quote]

I'm not here to break bubbles or doubt anyone but................I have found plenty rings. Some as nice and great looking as yours. BUT....I have had them tested with a diamond tester to make sure. CZ's look great, a good jeweler can tell the difference. BUT.......without putting a diamond tester on it I don't take squat for "it's a diamond"...........

Even a 14k ring can have CZ's. The 925 ring I found just today has a fantastic stone in it with diamonds around. The stone is synthetic. The "diamonds"......CZ's. (I had a jeweler check it).....

We have a thing here on the forum. A ring is a ring is a ring. A marked ring is great. A no marked ring is called a Rosco Ring. A verified ring is bragging rights......

Hope yours is as good as you say when you get it tested. Let us know..........[/quote]Easy Bro, just cause you haven't found any gold this year doesn't mean you have to go all crazy on this guy. Once again, nice gold and diamond ring YellerFeller.

It is a great looking ring there YF. My point is that until you get it actually tested you will never know for sure. For me, I like to know what I got not only for the bragging rights but the worth. Might have to make a house payment some day.:lmfao:

Hope I didn't come across as a someone bragging, that is most definitely not my intention. I just wanted to let other folks thinking about buying their first machine or other newbies out there like myself, know what a great little beginner machine I feel the ACE 250 is, and how easy it is to operate. I didn't have a clue about what type of machine to start out with, but based on the feedback on this and other forums decided to go with the ACE 250. I am learning a lot on this forum and was just trying to give something back. I'll leave the bragging rights to the pros!