Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Found Last Saturday During October Thunderstorm

Dug

:yikes:My first Seated Liberty half was found during a thunderstorm with quite a bit of lightning around. I've heard some say that lightning enhances detecting; maybe it's true.

That's one Coin that still alludes my Collection of finds. Very nice shape also Dug! Good to see you still around and digging. Continued Success, Good Luck and HH to you.:thumbup:

I check up on you here once in a while and see that you are still the champion. Thanks again.

That is sweet.Next TS I.m heading out with my SE and a big antenna on my head. Foolish but if I can score like that hey...why not.LOL.Great find my friend.WTG for sure GR

I went back a couple of pages and saw your finds at the skunk park. Very nice. And I really appreciate your deep signal descriptions and narratives. Those are very helpful hints. Thanks again, sir.

Doug

n/t

I noted your recent finds on the 2hr. + 2 hr. post. Very nice. The same area where the half was found has also been good for a 1911 dime, 1923 dime, 1874, 1882, 1902, 1906 IH pennies, bunch of wheats, 1 token, and the usual junk including pull tabs. I've been working about 1 week a month away from my home state, and the new territory has been good so far. Everything will slow way down in about a month, though.

Awesome!!! I have never found a seated half. My cousin (who is taking the trip to st louis with me next week) found one back in the early 90's at an old picnic grove we used to hunt.

I am still looking for mine.

Congrats on an awesome find.

It is true about Lightning during a Thunderstorm. It has happened to me before. I was detecting a Ball Diamond and was finding only a couple Wheats at the time and then a Thunderstorm come rolling in and Lightning hit something off in the distance because it was a loud Crack! sound. I waited for it to pass and went out in the exact spot that I already worked and I was popping Keepers left and right for awhile until the charged ground effect wore off. Everything made of Metal was giving off a huge Signal due to the Halo I figure and I was getting 10" Signal that were Pennies that sounded as if they were 6" Coins. So yes, your results can greatly increase after a Thunderstorm. Good Luck and HH to you.:thumbup:

Very nice barber half Dug.:clapping: Walking liberty halves are cool to find, but barbers are even cooler. HH and best of luck on your next outing.

Eddie

n/t

n/t