Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

For people having issues at the beach...

spdnj

Just wanted to share this with people. I took the Vision to the NJ beaches over the weekend. I started off using the stock beach program. The machine was very stable with no false signals. I was hunting wet sand and into ankle deep water. At one point I did start getting some false signals when the coil would hit the ground or tap something, even the ground. I could still hunt with the machine. Once I got home I was hosing off the coil and rod when my daughter asked if she could try it out. I set the unit up in the coin/jewelry program and went to hand it to her and noticed the unit gave a few false signals. I had originally use the detector in my yard the first day I got it with no issues. After playing a few minutes I realized that if the coil tapped the ground at all it was giving false signals, all with the same settings that ran perfect in my yard previously. I was going to contact White's on Monday but they were closed so Monday night I went out into the yard to give the detector another run and it was much better. The machine would still give a false but not as easily when tapping the coil.
So today I spoke with White's and they said it was probably a bad coil. I am thinking that moisture was getting into it and causing problems. White's told me to stop by my local dealer where I got the unit to arrange to get a replacement. So I stopped by today and they actually replaced it on the spot. I will keep you all posted after the next trip to the shore but maybe some of the issues people are having at the beach could be some of the same problems.

I don't think I will be using my Vision "in the water" to much money. I often took my DFX into knee deep water
even though I knew it was risky. Then I got my Surf pi, I use it in the water and wet sand with no worries. My
Vision will be for the dry sand. I have heard that you really take a chance by using a regular coil in the water.
Never had a problem with the coils on my DFX, but I always sealed the loop cover on with a high grade sealant,
and around were the wire connected to the coil. Maybe that made the difference? I hope everything works out
for you.

Bishop

Bishop, I have water detectors too (non White's), I was just trying to run it through the paces to see how it did. I actually do not even have a coil cover for it yet. Thanks

Hi SPD> I also have that falsing problem, and it only occurs in the salt beach mode...When I use it in the hi pro mode I have no problems and unit runs quiet. You mentioned that you have no problems with the coil/jewelry mode. WOuld you mind telling me your settings in the coil/jewelry as when I try to use that mode, it sounds like the fourth of july. I have to really put the sens down to around 3 and disc below 50. Maybe White's put out a lot of the first run coils that were bad. I noticed a few other posters having the same problems as you and I. I think I'll take it back to the dealer and find out if it could be exchanged.
Thanks for your post. Jim

When I ran the coin/jewelry program the detector was pretty much running stock. I knew something was up because it ran perfect in the same place same settings a few days earlier. When at the salt beach it is normal to get some falsing when the coil hits something, I have seen that with ML's and White's (at least in the land models). Away from the beach unless your sensitivity is too high you should be fine unless there is some type of electrical interference.
Good luck with it.
I must say between my dealer and White's the service was awesome. I showed up at my dealer just a few hours after talking to Whites and they had already called them and they swapped it out on the spot. It does not get any better than that. White's service is awesome!!

I'm glad to hear of White's standing behind their product like that. I'll give them a call tomorrow to see what can be done with mine. Thanks for all the info, Jim