Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Finally found a gold coin.

Howard Berry

Got an invitation to get out with a good friend I've been hunting with for several years now. We met at the site he had permission to hunt and started to hunt. He says that I like to hunt survey style. I go pretty fast searching for an area that contains multiple targets. The first target I dug was a deep zinc penny that was badly corroded. The second target read just like a beaver tail pull tab on my SE. I was shocked to discover my first gold coin. It turned out to be a 1868 quarter eagle. It is something I'll always remember. Thanks for looking.

n/t

Super Awesome! Congratulations on a huge find and thanks for the great pictures.

NebTrac

n/t

Great find.
My Gold sovereign also gave a similar signal to a ring pull also in a similar position on the smart find screen.

I have dug enough tabs to uh, well... maybe uh... be really impressive! Still a gold (coin) virgin! Not for lack of trying. I have faith my time will come. I bought gold, won gold, but its just not the same as finding gold. Way to go, man! May this be the first of many!
Tom

Unreal, don't know what i'd do if I found one. Can only imagine what it looked like in the dirt. Do you remember what it id'd at? How close to a nickle signal was it? Congrats, Joe.

The coin read 09-11. The chart I have gives readings of 08-11 so it was pretty close. I use the smart screen. The cursor locked up in the same location as a beaver tail pull tab. It just sounded a little sweeter, more distinct. I'm looking forward to going back soon.