Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Few pics of last years favourite digs

Sorry about pic quality, I'm still working on it with my daughter's help. Two days for me, and they said, "Let's just post what you've got for now!"

This is the front of my "George the Third" 1797- my largest coin last year. An 1856 3 cent peice beside it- my smallest of last year. Underneath it is the back.

3rd pic- seven 3 pence silvers made into bracelet- all came from the same hole, of course, in four seperate signals. Pulling this one up was fun!

4th pic- back of seven pieces, sorry about quality.

5th pic- my first of each seated found last year- quarter, dime, and half-dime.

Thanks for peeking and I'll practice my photography:biggrin: I've got a new admiration for the photographers on this forum. This wasn't easy folks, for me anyways!:nopity:

Those are some nice finds!! Good job with the pictures

but at least I was able to get the darn thing open in my (Grace's) mail.:rofl: I'm crawling but I'm getting there.:thumbup:

And I'm guessing I took at least fifty pictures.:rofl: I'd guess I pulled close to seventy-five or eighty keepers last year. That includes the large coppers (Can., Amer., and British) and the thirty or so Indian heads. I did find a fair amount of the Can. five-cent pieces, which is fun (about fifteen). They're the same size as the Amer. half-dime. All in all, it was a decent year for the likes of me. But the truth is Sunny, ANYBODY can find them if they are present on the site you're hunting. And don't let anybody tell you different.:cheers:

Victoria on Vancouver Island is good but very costy for the ferry ride these days. Have to come visit you ('cause I know you'll show me all of your favorite spots) :biggrin:

Great finds buddy.

Early spring (before the fields get planted) and late fall (after they're harvested) is our times to hunt around here. All you'd need do is get here. You'd always have a place to stay with us. Finding new sites is our challenge now. There's a fair number of die-hard hunters in this area but I know that some area's are untapped, as of yet. It's just locating them. Never the less, no site is hunted out and the frost brings up new pieces each year. Jim, Mike and I have always shared our sites with a couple of locals. And we've noticed that they'd been hunted a fair bit without us there after the fact. So we're going to be a bit more cautious from here on end. BUT, if any of you guys ever came out this way, it's bombs away !:cheers:

I was detecting an older field behind Jim's old gradeschool with our buddy Mike. It's an area with very sandy loom and really easy to dig so Mike and I headed out there just to get the detectors swinging. We weren't expecting to find much when I got a signal.:shrug: I'm pretty sure there's more around that area because I later pulled a pristine 1900 Queen Victoria British large cent also. Goes to show that you never know.

Thay all are great. Finding ANYTHING pre 1800 out here is well nigh impossible. However, sometimes it can be done. I have a 1795 2 reals I founds.. But that is a true anomaly.

Very nice and thanks for the inspiration

Fair winds

M

Our first year, Jim and I were feeling our way around this hobby and learning our machines. Last year was our third season and we're no longer worried about knocking on doors and such. Subsequently, we've gotten permission on a fair number of good spots. Sure makes the hobby more enjoyable. Pretty early history around here too (for Canada), so that doesn't hurt. Thanks for viewing !:)

n/t