Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ferrite In Line Filter

Some folks attached cow magnets to the fuel line and claimed better mileage. There were and are all kinds of gimmicks out there to seperate you from your money like the electronic treasure finders that point right to buried gold.

Bill

such ferrite components are added to cables to reduce the interference that can possibly radiate from an apparatus.

They help to suppress the harmonics currents which can flow in the screening of cables, or the non screened wires.

So they are just generally used to keep the radiated interference withing legal limits.

P.S,

Putting such a device on the search head cable too close to the search-head, will disturb the electromagnetic 'balance' of the coil's arrangement.

That could detract from performance without you being aware of the consequences, and that would be a situation where 'silence' was not golden !

I put one on the power cord of a TV. The TV was giving good/bad picture quality, flipping back and forth. Now picture is good and doesn't flip anymore.

No you are wrong. I use on on my Sov, mounted on the cable just under the connector. Using a WOT coil on a beach near me that has loads of electrical and radio interference and you cannot use aftermarket coils on that beach, but the ferrule once installed did the trick and no more interference and I have been finding deep targets with no noise. Unless you try it first you should not make untested judgements. Sorry but you are not correct by saying its a gimmick.