Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Feeling 'Self Concious' ?

I think that it's funny that the only so so negative things I hear is from My wife. She doesn't think that it's weird or anything, she just thinks that it is an old man's thing. I'm 47 and she's 37 and I'm not an old man by any means but she doesn't get it. I never get any crap about doing it, she just thinks I should wait another 20 years until I need something else to do. (if that makes sense). She's offered to get me other coils to help me be better so she's supportive of the hobby, but not for somebody my age. I guess I should just spend all my time at bars and ball games until I can't party anymore them pick up a metal detector. Hahaha. I've never had a bad experience while out hunting. Everyone usually asks what I'm doing or what are you finding, and like above said, I've always wanted one of those, how much did that cost? I do have a concealed weapons permit but don't usually carry while hunting. It's just one more piece of equipment to worry about. I guess the day I have to shoot somebody while detecting is the day I'll have to do something else. I do think that there is a definite lack of imaginative ability of today's youth. If it doesn't have a joy stick, it's not worth picking up. If they could just imagine what's under the top layer of soil, they could possibly find a whole new way to play games. I dare each and every one of us to go to Churches, community centers and YMCA's or other places to find some youth's with spare time and teach them, We could start a whole new movement of metal detectorists. Most of them will get bored and find something else to do but if a few of them keep it up, we may find a whole new bunch of people that help change laws that let us hunt where we are now banned. ( just a thought)
Sorry, I'm rambling but this is a really good thread. Thanks for bringing it up Danno.
Good luck and good hunting
Joel

Well Danno,

Let me explain to you my situation. I'm 6" 4" 350lbs wearing camo BDU's, and a dark t-shirt. Days ago I was night hunting at the schoolyard. All holes plugged. So on with story. So, there I was me, my trusty 705, my headphones singing in my ears and my adjustable headlamp leading the way. I'm on one knee, as a raise my Rigid serrated edge spade/scoop to plow another quarter out of the ground. When I see flashlights like a gang of fire flys descending me, barking officers, one fearsome furry canine and the next thing I know I'm picking leases out of my hair, stickers out of my legs, nursing a busted lip and an incriminating bite mark on my right ankle. Seems some neighborhood fold had reported I entered the school play are with a flashlight, and rifle and a big knife. The officers refused a photo op stating the were too embarrassed. With apologizes all around I was just to shook up to continue the hunt. I sure wouldn't to be the guy that is doing wrong...LOL