Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

F5 batteries

15 hours on recharges and still showing 8v - that is what it does with my alkalines. Makes me happy, no more mad mod ideas with battery packs, I'm just going to get 4 x 280 Mah's - will do fine.
Thanks for the info.

Fisher labs have responded to my mail about the F5 and batteries.

I asked what they meant by 'Use alkalines only' - as in, not to use zinc chlorides or specifically ONLY use alklaines, and the answer was

"Do not use cheap Zinc Chloride batteries."

I also asked at what point does one replace the batteries as the manual has nothing to say about it, and the answer was

"Batteries should be replaced when they get to 6.7 volt or 1 bar on the battery test graph"

Which suggests that the machine still runs optimally to, say, 6.5 volts - hence the layout of the status bar.

Well pleased by that - so will be using rechargeables as soon as I can get them

Update

The F5 falls over once the rechargables get to the last bar, you will notice that the performance starts to fade fast when it gets to 2 bars.

Total hours I've got from the rechargables without a recharge is 28 hours, and that is with the one's I have pictured above. If you get rechargables with a lower mAh, say 170mAh you might not get the same amount of time from them.