Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excalibur Potentiometers

Hi to all friends

since I have to test a potentiometer and in particular the volume one that I think may be the cause of my Excalibur malfunction, is there a way to test it without desoldering the component? Can I with a small cable short the extremes of the resistance as if it were 0 Ohm and see if it goes to maximum volume?

I tried now without powering my Excalibur
I test all potenziometers with a digital tester and I see that all seem to be ok

Turn all in a position I have a value of resistance
And all in the opposite position 0 resistance SO I Think are ok. The Volume potenziometer is about 9.5Kohm so is ok the others seem to be 20Kohm