Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal II Shaft

digger880

I'm a little over 6"-6" tall and have a little problem trying to keep the coil on the beach. Are there one piece shafts made to fit the Excal II and whatn about problems attaching the coil and mounting the conttrols? Thanks in advance for your answers.
HH from Digger

im in the same boat you are, i have the anderson shaft set up on my excall and i could use at least a couple of more inches,,,i dont know how long a stock excal shaft is, but the anderson sells the no flex and its i believe 36 inches, their carbon fiber shaft i believe can be cut to any lenght,,,,,im on 6'3 and have to lean a little to the right to get that coil down on the sand.

U can make your own for about $30.00 and have it any length U need.

Just made this one for a Beach hunter 300

i like the colour coding, dothey come that colour or are they painted?

They are painted with a special hobby paint that takes 72 hours to completely set up and when cured is not effected by gasoline or the high test fuel that they use in model planes. boats or cars, Very durable & I think it looks good

Erikk,
You had sent me the details on the shaft specs but I had problems with my PC and lost alot of info. What was that order number you sent me from aircraft spruce? This was the info on the tubing for the Excal 2 1000. Many thanks, John

What is the contact info for the paint? Those are some cool colors. How does it adhere to the aluminum, or do you have to clean it and or primer it first?

Plugger

Thanks, Really like the paint jobs. Do you find it holds to the metal O.K? Looked at several paints online but unsure as to what would work good. I'm more interested in coating inside of tubing to cut down on corrosion of salt water as the outside does fine. Here's a picture of one of my rods.

Top Flyte Lustre Kote Holds great IF U FOLLOW DIRECTIONS...I don't know how long it would take for the salt to destroy the rod but but some of mine are years old & still ok & who cares: The tubing is so cheap throw it away and make another one!

I used appliance enamel for my GT's shaft. It's very durable and smooth. Aluminum doesn't need any special paint so long as you prep it right. Sand it with smooth sandpaper. Wipe it down with mineral spirits. Prime it with a good metal primer. Sand again. Wipe down with damp cloth you used water on this time (no spirits or it will remove the primer). Give it 2 or 3 coats. So far my custom upper GT shaft is holding up well and the paint job looks as good as from the factory. Best to hang whatever you are painting from a wire so any excess paint will drip off and you can also paint the whole thing at once without needing to flip it.