Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Excal II or White's Surfmaster PI?

Craig-PI said:
If you are thinking PI go with the Dual Field over those other two... my hunting partner has the Surfmaster and I'm deeper than he is... use a PI wide open sure it will be noisy but you won't miss the deep stuff... if you want discrimination go with the Excalibur but buy a straight shaft for it...

Ive just started using my Dual Field and so far have kept it on the factory settings except to adjust the threshold volume and it goes real deep no doubt there:thumbup:

HH
Neil

YOHOHO,if you want to find all the gold or just some,haha.postearrings and thin gold chaines are best found with the Excal .Rings are a major pick up with the Surfmaster PI.PI passes up gold earings that are small and 3/8 of an inch gold chaines.With both you can cleen a beach.GOOD HUNTIIG TO YOU.

scoop dog said:
YOHOHO,if you want to find all the gold or just some,haha.postearrings and thin gold chaines are best found with the Excal .Rings are a major pick up with the Surfmaster PI.PI passes up gold earings that are small and 3/8 of an inch gold chaines.With both you can cleen a beach.GOOD HUNTIIG TO YOU.

Wrong.... a PI picks up small gold including earring posts ...sure it has problems with thin chains but so does the Excal....

Good post... but if a person learns his PI like some of us have then you don't dig all trash and furthermore some of us are not after new drops but old stuff like myself... I ran an Excal but I knew I would not find the old stuff like I will with my PI... so I guess at least for me its about finding old gold over new drops... most of my gold is older stuff... I really don't hunt the active beaches of today instead I hunt smaller beaches that aren't used much these days like they were in the past... a PI has the advantage over any VLF for the old deep stuff :)

good one craig glad i am not the only one that goes fr the accumulation of old finds, i have found items from as far back as the 14th century in the sea, but hey its more for us if everyone else goes for the new items, steve.

I want to personally thank everyone in this forum. I went out with Mike from VA Beach, to whom I work with and they got me hooked on the hunt. I have read up a lot on both the Excal and PI Dual field and say that thanks to this forum I am going to order a White's Surf Pro PI Dual field.

Again,

Thanks