Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ETRAC vs Fisher F-75

yes! i am curious too! .very interesting
subject!.how do these two top of the line 'tools"
compare!..

(h.h.!)
j.t.

They don't. I have both and would rather use the E-Trac. The Fisher just isn't as good of a coin shooter as the E-Trac is. It's great in the field when you are looking for lead or other metalic objects though. That's just my opinion though.

the f-75 is more of a" all around" unit,which in,and of itself,is NOT a bad thing
however,with that said,i believe it is more at home in plowed fields hunting "relics"
have been using mine for 3 years now,and i have found my share of goodies,but
i believe from all i have read,and videos i have watched,the 'trac just "kicks butt"
on coins,especially in trash laden areas!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt said:
the f-75 is more of a" all around" unit,which in,and of itself,is NOT a bad thing
however,with that said,i believe it is more at home in plowed fields hunting "relics"

Interesting, even Tom D. himself states this in his open forum .

As he states: The F75 is the flagship/industry-lead for relic hunting.......especially in trashy areas..........and (secondarily) a premium coin hunter.

yes! i believe he was a 'consultant" in it's development,or at least an advisor.
it does have a 'higher" v.l.f frequency,and is,of course,a "single" frequency detector
i believe from what i have read,and watched,that the 'trac does it's magic in trash laden areas
by transmitting "multiple" "low" frequencies in the v.l.f. .spectrum simultaneously.i also feel that
"veteran" coin shooters are finally discovering just how good this platform for coins really is.
i believe that what is holding back more guys from buying it is the fact it is a heavier detector,although still well balanced,
and of course,the "heavy" money to buy it!..all of this rendered academic,because of the way it "finds"
silver!..just sayin'

Etrac is best if you want just one detector, but with F 75 you can get some targets that with Etrac cant, like small thin objects. another use single frequency detector in fresh ploughed field because FBS dont like it. :surrender:

There is no easy answer but here goes......it does depend on what you want.....If you want a light detector with forever battery life(AA) and dont mind some "noise"...f75 is great.

If you want a well built detector that is very stable and quiet....the weight is about standard for a comparable detector....etrac is the way to go. Ive had many detectors but only use etrac and v3i on a regular basis. Once you get use to the etrac.....its hard to beat!!!

What I have to say speaks for itself. I once owned a F75 LTD and I traded it in on a E-trac. Never regretted it nor wood I swap back for a $1000. I am a Tennessee Civil War Relic Detectorist. I am going back to same places I used the F75 LTD and it is like I have never been over it. Just my two minnis worth.

I'm a new eTrac user vs about 3-4 yrs on the F75 and T2 platform. I have hunted relics all this time and just now getting into the coin hunting. Reason being....there are more places to coin hunt here vs relic hunt.

At any rate the T2/75 platform performs extremely well for relic hunting IF you do it the right way. It's a learning process like anything else. To get the most out of a T2/75 you have to resort to motion all metal mode and go by SSS....Shape...Size....Sound. If you put it in disc mode with even just enough to knock out a nail, you have already lost the game. This platform is notorious for having erratic IDs and the deeper it is, the more it likes saying that it's iron. So for deep relics...disc mode not the way to go and this upsets people that a $800+ machine has to be ran in all metal in order to get relics beyond 8 inches. On coins the same thing is happening BUT its even worse because coin sites are normally not as all metal friendly. And so disc and tone ID come into play...which only works good if the ID is steady and correct. Just my estimate but I say the T2/75 platform really starts to get wishy washy on coins at about 5-6 inches. I have a silver dime in my yard plot at 7" that it will hit but it reads it all over the map...definitely a target that if you were relying on target and tones to determine whether to dig....you'll pass it up. It reads from Nickel to screwcap. So the detector is very capable of detecting it but IDs are so off that unless you were digging every signal you'd more than likely walk on.

I am new to the eTrac but I've learned fast that it IDs coins so much better than either T2/75. If you all wouldn't mind I will do a video tomorrow on the silver dime to show what I'm referring to. This has already came into play on my first eTrac hunt. I was marking signals with the eTrac then using the T2 to see what it said about the target. I ended up recovering 3 or 4 wheat cents and a merc dime that gave good tone and ID on the eTrac but bounced all over the map on the T2...they were coins beyond the 5" mark on my dig tool. The merc dime was exactly how the dime in the yard does....T2 said it was between nickel and screwcap...never going into the coin IDs or range. eTrac read it in the 40s cond range every swing...about 5.5 inches comes the merc dime. I've already got the T2 for sale to get eTrac accessories. LOL

I've owned both and I agree that the F75 is a great relic detector but the E-Trac is the better coin machine. I suppose in a less trashy environment the F75 would do alright, but I have yet to find such a site other than relic hunting a field.

Here is a video I did comparing the 2 on deep coins in the park.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktHF8EHyYlI[/video]

I also had an experience F75 user bring it down to the park. It just couldn't keep up with the E-Tracs.

Etrac is deeper than the F75, Etrac is better on silver coins than F75. Etrac has more setup options than the F75
F75 is faster than the Etrac, F75 is better in trashy sites than the Etrac, F75 is lighter than the Etrac

Each unit has it pros and cons. If you are looking for just conductive targets the Etrac is best
If you are relic hunting the F75 is the best.

Each unit with a lot of swing time can be great for everything. Just takes learning what the unit is saying.

the safest thing to do is get one of each and you will have the best for any site........

Tom in SC

I don't know about the F-75 being better in trash than the E-trac. I had a F-75 and couldn't get it to lock on any coins like the E-trac could. It's numbers would bounce all over the place as to where the E-trac will lock on dead and sure! That's even with a nail in the same hole as the coin!

I own a F75 and I love the input you guys share with us......I hunted an area that an Etrac had been and found several coins.....This guy never atempts to cover any holes but thats another story, just hope I never catch the rap from it and lose my permission, but I was swinging over his holes and area and found coins...I do love the lite weight on the F75 as I tire quickly but would love to try an Etrac..I also thought about getting a Whites Mxt.....Anyone want to give me a comparison with a Whites? ......I'm sure we would all love to hear it......

I have used all 3 you mentioned and found the MXT to be a very enjoyable detector to use, in fact I told many it put the fun back in detecting as i had been using a Sovereign and a Explorer and had to go slow and listen close to every little tone change. With the MXT I could swing faster and used mine in the relic mode and know my numbers for coins. It is a great detector for clad hunting or where there is not a lot of trash and fun to use and went fairly deep once you get to know it. It just not as good as the Minelab Sovereign,Explorer or the E-Trac which I use now, but still have my MXT and it is my wife detector now and she can find more than me as she can go faster, but I get the deeper ones and those that are close to trash. I have used the F-75 and the F-75 LTD and I liked this detector with the small elliptical coil for those trashy site and used the 2 tone and did well as i went behind James ND on the very edge of where a sidewalk was taken out (by far the best with a Explorer XS of anyone I know) and with the F75 was able to get a very nice 1893 fish scale a 1870 IH penny, several wheats and a nice diamond ring that he missed because I feel the F-75 could respond so much faster in this trash with that little coil. With the F-75 I found by swinging the coil faster over the target if it was iron it would break up, if not it gave a very repeatable signal and then I would look on the ID after i knew it was very repeatable.
If you want the best than that would be the E-Trac and it come with a learning curve you will understand by using it more and more. If you want something with less money that is also a killer on nickles and other coins that would be the Minelab Sovereign and it too has a learning curve, but made many of our worked out site like new again as it had depth, good ID as it gave you the operator the info and let you decide to dig or not. It wasn't like the beep and dig detectors.

I totally agree!! I have run into the same situation in several of my detecting spots. I usually fill in their holes for them. I have detected with guys who I'd go behind them and fill in their holes(right in front of them). They don't get a second invite.My detecting buddy lost a good Civil War site because someone left holes big enough to cripple livestock. Same thing with leaving gates unclosed. This is simply a NO NO!
Sorry, I got off the subject a little bit. It just makes me mad to hear about it.

i'm with you! seen too much of this "crap" over the years!
it's a hobby killer for sure!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

If you mean finding silver Etrac all day long.