Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox Expanded TID

Ok I totally understand the type of screen you are describing and I actually wasn’t thinking about the type at the time I made the suggestion so hopefully in the future they will take it into considerations on future models.

Doug

Mr. Rich,

I know that copper / silver gave the same reading on the 180 meter. But when it came to low - mid tones the sov seemed to separate better. (at least it seemed that way to me) however you are right the more I think about your statement< "I think it is the audio of the Sovereign that really was the key. Do the little Sovereign wiggle over a quality target and listen to the audio lock on and start to climb. Take a peek at the Target ID and see where it tops out. Do the same wiggle over junk and the audio would give it away."
The audio on the sovereign series was simply the best to me. For example, with the same TID, pull tabs were more of a rough sounding target and gold seemed to be more mellow. At least this is the nuance that I learned with the sov. I agree, the equinox is a super fast machine and have made some wonderful discoveries with it. - Jim

earthlypotluck,

First question, what is it that you're hoping to separate out from the rest of the target ID scale?

Don't forget about the original 550 scale on the sovereign. I still have a couple 550 units somewhere with some old coils and the like. Typically, with a larger scale, the ID #'s bounce around all over the place, and there has to be some sort of averaging taken into account to give stability to the reading.

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1679149

How useful is it to have a 550 scale or a 180 scale or a 100 scale, or a -95 to 0 to +95 scale? If you remember the sovereign, all the higher conductive coins were pretty bunched right at the top anyway, so how helpful is that? Tesoro had the same deal with the Toltec series, TID's all bunched at the top with a lot of mid-range separation to help sort through nickels and pull tabs and square tabs and other junk looking for gold rings.

I think it is the audio of the Sovereign that really was the key. Do the little Sovereign wiggle over a quality target and listen to the audio lock on and start to climb. Take a peek at the Target ID and see where it tops out. Do the same wiggle over junk and the audio would give it away.

In reality, I am finding the target ID scale of my 800 to be fine. Perhaps I've just become used to it over the last 15 months or so. It has its' own characteristics that are helpful as I hunt. Much faster than my old Explorer, Etrac, XS-2a Pro or GT.

Mkus said:
I would like to see one up to 100

**************************************​

"M"...I don't think there's any chance of that........'compressed' ID range is a simple way of reducing VDI flutter....matt