Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Equinox 800 gray ghost deep woods platinum headphones

bayouron

I was looking for a much louder sound than the standard minelab headphones. So i purchased the new nox800 gray ghost deep woods platinum headphones with the 1/8 screw in plug to the machine. I was hoping the sound would knock my ears off my head like my gray ghost phones do on my tesoro machine. But i find the sound to be no louder than the wimpy minelab phones. Has anyone had better luck with them or tried them out. thanks for any input

There is a limiter switch inside the cup. Maybe this is causing your issue?

Our special limiter circuit gives you a smooth reduction at excess volume levels, not like our imitators’ noise-inducing clipping effect. Our metal detector compatibility and limiter switches are easily accessible on the inside of the cup where they are totally protected.

I was looking for a much louder sound than the standard minelab headphones. So i purchased the new nox800 gray ghost deep woods platinum headphones with the 1/8 screw in plug to the machine. I was hoping the sound would knock my ears off my head like my gray ghost phones do on my tesoro machine. But i find the sound to be no louder than the wimpy minelab phones. Has anyone had better luck with them or tried them out. thanks for any input
I don't know if this would help, but I wanted a waterproof set for my nox 600. I bought these custom made head-phones by tony Eisenhower and they are VERY Good ! the sound is very loud and clear and they seal around the ear exceptionally well. Maybe over kill for what you want, but they are loud.

Good luck Mark ( ohio )

I don't know if this would help, but I wanted a waterproof set for my nox 600. I bought these custom made head-phones by tony Eisenhower and they are VERY Good ! the sound is very loud and clear and they seal around the ear exceptionally well. Maybe over kill for what you want, but they are loud.

Good luck Mark ( ohio )
thanks for the reply, i sent headphones back to detector pro to see if there was something wrong with them. Waiting on them before i try something else;

A few options
try them on the wireless module
do they have individual volume control
is the volume maxed out on the detector?
HH Jeff
yes, i maxed out detector at 25. Headphones dont have a volume control on them. I did send them back to see if they were defected. thanks for the reply

A few options
try them on the wireless module
do they have individual volume control
is the volume maxed out on the detector?
HH Jeff
There is a limiter switch inside the cup. Maybe this is causing your issue?

Our special limiter circuit gives you a smooth reduction at excess volume levels, not like our imitators’ noise-inducing clipping effect. Our metal detector compatibility and limiter switches are easily accessible on the inside of the cup where they are totally protected.
I tried moving switch in multiple combinations and didnt help any. I sent headphones back to see if they were defected. thanks for the reply

I was going to make exact same suggestions as laplander. But you've covered those. Are you listening to Toby Keith in the background while you're detecting ?

You've had your hearing checked I assume ? ? ? ? ?

Best of luck getting it worked out.

Rich -

I was going to make exact same suggestions as laplander. But you've covered those. Are you listening to Toby Keith in the background while you're detecting ?

You've had your hearing checked I assume ? ? ? ? ?

Best of luck getting it worked out.

Rich -
i sent headphones back to the warranty department to get checked out. I have regular gray ghost headphones that i use on my tesoro machine. On full volume they will blow your hat off your head. Thats what i was hoping the gray ghost for the equinox would do. The gray ghost i use on my tesoros has volume control on headphones. Gray ghost headphones for equinox dont have volume control. Hearing is good, i just want the sound to be a bit louder than the stock minelab. I also bought the minelab 1/8 to 1/4 adapter to see if my gray ghost with 1/4 would work. They dont work at all, which i thought they would. When i plug old gray ghost into adapter the headphone icon blinks on the machine. It should be solid headphones. Maybe its the detector and not headphones.

i sent headphones back to the warranty department to get checked out. I have regular gray ghost headphones that i use on my tesoro machine. On full volume they will blow your hat off your head. Thats what i was hoping the gray ghost for the equinox would do. The gray ghost i use on my tesoros has volume control on headphones. Gray ghost headphones for equinox dont have volume control. Hearing is good, i just want the sound to be a bit louder than the stock minelab. I also bought the minelab 1/8 to 1/4 adapter to see if my gray ghost with 1/4 would work. They dont work at all, which i thought they would. When i plug old gray ghost into adapter the headphone icon blinks on the machine. It should be solid headphones. Maybe its the detector and not headphones.

I get that. Early after the equinox came out, i purchased the Minelab UW headphones. Complete waste of $$$ for using while I am wading with head above water. Everybody had the same result - disappointment. Perhaps they are better underwater.

I have used my 800 with a couple different wireless bluetooth headphones and ear buds as well as the factory ML80's and the WM08 module w/wired ML80's. The later is my favorite arrangement. I hope you find something that works well for you.

Rich -