Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dyn-o-mite !!

...a friend and I tried our hand at rocket building. We were about 12 also when, one 5th of July, we walked around the neighborhood looking for dud firecrackers. Neither of our parents bought us fireworks for the 4th so we had to improvise. We had found a spent rocket and figured we could re-pack it with gunpowder and launch it once again. We unrolled untold hundreds of dud firecrackers and filled the hollow tube of the rocket, gently packing it good and tight every so often. The cardboard tube was a couple of inches long and about the diameter of a crayon. We had strung several fuses together to make a fuse about 6-8 inches long to give us plenty of time to run for shelter. After inserting the fuse, we continued filling the tube and packing it good and tight until we felt we had a sufficient amount of gunpowder to launch this rocket to the moon. We put the plastic nose cone on, set the rocket in the middle of his driveway and lit the fuse. Then, ran for our lives and ducked behind his dad's car waiting for blast-off!! When it blew, it rattled windows within about 100 yard radius and there was no sign of the rocket. We looked and looked and never found the plastic nose cone or fins anywhere, they must have been vaporized!! Needless to say, we never attempted to build another rocket.

funny but I can not imagine a bunch of girls doing it but they seem to have a genetic defect in those areas :thumbup::rofl: You are lucky to still have all your body parts.

Welcome to our little corner of the web. I just LOVE your photography! I have a new camera, a Canon Rebel XTI and am still trying to figure it out. The camera seems to have the ability but I am sorely lacking.

Your photos are fantastic:thumbup:

Thanks also for your kind comments on my photography!

I spend a fair amount of time on the Christian Metal Detecting forum and Sunny introduced this forum to me when she replied to one of my posts. I will be a frequent flyer over here too now...I've really enjoyed reading the stories.

You have an excellent camera, the model that replaced the one I am using, the 350D. Learning a new camera is similar to learning a new metal detector...you just have to use it...a lot!!

Thanks again for the warm welcome,

we delete all the jokes and kibitzing and leave just the story's for others to read.

I was a frequent poster on the Christian forum when it first formed. Tommy Aaron is a Christian and he would sign every post with a "God Bless" and some people seemed to be threatened by it and made cracks about it. Gary then set up the Christian Forum. Many of the originals are now gone, Tommy Arron, Tom Iviens, NormG etc but I see some are still there. Steve AZ and Mike Iron Brigade and others. It is a fine forum:thumbup: I am not much of a Christian but they tolerated me just fine. \

You are sure welcome here and there will never be any nastiness here. Got some good Christians too. I still have not changed but sure don't feel threatened by Christians a bit. Good people

you big sack of poop. Welcome aboard Digdoug ! It's not often I get to say this but Royal's right.........great people reside here !:thumbup:

and all the best to your son Brian. Undoubtedly a difficult road to hoe ! He'll be in my prayers.:)